Tassie event?

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.

Would you be interested in a private Track Day at Baskerville?

Yes
33%
No
33%
Maybe, it depends on whether my car is intact at the time
33%

Total votes: 6

avandulls_gal
Mine is bigger than yours

Tassie event?

Post by avandulls_gal »

Ok, I read somewhere someone was thinking about a track day in Tassie. Let's get it going then!!!

Dates...interest.....Location.....???
Last edited by avandulls_gal on Sun May 14, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

I'm not sure how to go about it, but I mentioned the possibility of entering the Driftmania practise day on May 6th. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun but I don't think I would enter it until I've done a bit more work on my car.
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Well Avandull had his at Baskerville the other week - $50 per driver to hire out the track for private pactice day if you are a member of a car club, or $100 for non car club members. We had a few guys down there with us and then a drift club turned up. Mad arsed buggers.

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Oooh, how many people did you require to make it $50 per person, or is that just a flat rate? If someone organises it, I'd love to go out there, at least during an event like that I wouldn't feel so pressured into performing well. rofl

Did Avandull take his out on the day that the Lotus 340r was there?
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Don't remember a lotus being there.

Those prices are the flat rate, you can hire it out all to your lonesome if you want but you need to actually be a car club member and show your membership card to pay $50 otherwise it's $100 per driver in order to cover insurance etc.

It's good that way as you can go as fast or as slow and organise with whatever mates are also there with you when you go out etc. Much more relaxed than an official event. And you can bugger off when you've had enough. Only thing is sometimes other people show up that you hadn't planned on, but they're usually good. The drift boys were very courteous and when our boys wanted to go out, they'd bring their boys in and let us have a crack.

Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Count me in, if you guys are gonna organise one I'll come out provided the date is given with enough notice so that I don't already have something planned! :beer

Sounds like great fun! :beer
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

How much time is enough notice?

Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Ahh not long... Well not the weekend of the 13th of May because I'll be in Brisbane then. :wink:

Anytime before or afterwards, just give us a couple of weeks notice to raise the much needed funds. :oops:
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

The way it will probably go, is we'll look what weekends are likely to be available at the track and let you know ahead of time what day we're thinking (probably a Saturday so that Sunday is a fallback), but then we might not get it confirmed until the week before as this is what happened last time - and even then the bastards double booked us with people repairing the armco :glare: so we had to come back the next day as you can't drive with workmen repairing armco at the side of the track obviously
So as you can see, it's not an exact science.

And by the way, if there is anyone from anywhere else in the state who wants to come down but is finding it cost prohibitive, we'll see what we can organise in the way of accommodation (I'm asssuming we southern Starion owners will lend a bed). It's not much, but if it helps. I know there's a couple of guys from the north who may be interested.

shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

track day

Post by shiftlockmotorsport2 »

hey guys, twas i who suggested a track day! ive been gonna organise one with my mates but since were all family here i'll let ya's know when its on? :beer
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Sounds good

rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

Just chipped in with a maybe, I live in D'port so accomodation would be great.. :beer The maybe is for funds and stuff - need to hook up newly arrived ignition and get it dynoed before unleashing on a track..
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Sounds great Av_gal... :D

Shiftlock.. Any idea when you plan to have this track day and will it be Starion oriented or will it be over run by a bunch of ring-ins?

On a side note, has anyone else seen the advertisement for the International Motor Show at the DEC towards the end of May? If you guys are interested the link is: http://www.ameshow.com.au/hobart/hobart_motorshow.htm. Looks like it might be alright.
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Avandull said he will organise something when he finds out if he is going to the NT for work for a bit. He should find out in 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned.

Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Re: Tassie event?

Post by Cookiemonster »

avandulls_gal wrote:And poll option 3 schould read
"maybe, it depends on whether my CAR is intact at the time" Mods please
Fixed.