Adel Cruise - March 12

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.
DanVR4
Dorifto!

Post by DanVR4 »

Toys I'm sure it "can" run 24psi on the TC06 with pump, but even on a spot on tune I don't think even you can deny the reliability issues involved.
2.3L VR4 - 300awhp
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Anything outside the original Manufacturer's design always reduces reliability :beer
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

hehe, so you're saying everyone should be asking how many kms you plan to get out of the engine, not try and say it cant' be done?
_

Post by toysrus »

Yep :P

I think I'll be lucky to get 20,000K's out of it before the Cylinders have worn out and blow-by becomes a big issue again :(

With some luck you should get a bit better turn out then last time :)
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
DanVR4
Dorifto!

Post by DanVR4 »

toysrus wrote:Yep :P

I think I'll be lucky to get 20,000K's out of it before the Cylinders have worn out and blow-by becomes a big issue again :(

Your rebuilding an engine for 20,000kms of expected life??
2.3L VR4 - 300awhp
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

I'm guessing that it won't be a daily driver, and wont be run at 24psi all the time, probably just for dyno runs, drag etc.
Given these factors it should last longer, and depending how often its driven 20,000km's can last quite a few years, my grandpas 80's VC brock commodore has less than 90,000k's on the clock from memory and thats in 27 years.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

DanVR4 wrote:
toysrus wrote:Yep :P

Your rebuilding an engine for 20,000kms of expected life??
If it sees 24psi everyday then yeah..... otherwise it'll last longer ofcourse :beer
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

might not be able to make it this weekend, a mate in syd has just had a pretty serious accident yesterday so might be flying over.
_

Post by toysrus »

Are you still gonna make it Deeks ?
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Looks like I'll be in Syd for the weekend :(
_

Post by toysrus »

So who's gonna be in charge of the cruise ? Or should we postpone it since I and you won't be there, along with Starion_Turbo....... :(
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Everyone can meet up if they want still, not sure how many stazs there will be though. When do you think you'll be ready for a meet? we'll make the next one then.
_

Post by toysrus »

April 25th, Anzac Day ? Should have the Staz run-in & tuned by then....
Neon_Crossing
I like starions

Post by Neon_Crossing »

Im out....Adelaide Cup
2004 VYII Commodore Acclaim
1985 JB Starion Turbo
1976 GD Galant Sedan
sLug
Big Dorifto

Post by sLug »

What time and where?Might pop down.