Group A Starion - Lakeside Classic meeting Aug 13-14

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.
Ausminx
[L] Plates

Group A Starion - Lakeside Classic meeting Aug 13-14

Post by Ausminx »

Hi All,

The Classic Touring car meeting is this weekend at Lakeside raceway featuring Group A touring cars from 1970-1990 and Group N touring cars from the 1960-1980.

One of the fastest Starion Group A cars in the country will be competing this weekend and has shown some great form of late.

Car was originally raced at Bathurst during 1984-1990 so is a genuine Group A Starion. The Ralliart mechanics of the era have passed on their special parts and technncal specs from the Ralliart Group A team cars and the car is very competitive.

A few weekends ago at Morgan Park it lead the Peter Jackson HR31 Skyline for most of the race and finished a close 2nd after an oil down by one of the competing cars. It is time to get revenge on the Nissan and this weekend is as good a chance as any as the Starion Group A is on it's home track

If you are a Starion fan then make it out to Lakeside Saturday or Sunday, give some support to the Starion Group A team and catch some fantastic Group A and Group N touring cars at the same time.

Come up and say gidday to Craig, Shane, Derek or Tom in your Starion shirt and lend some support!
JB Starion 1985 Black 4G64 TD05 20G
Ausminx
[L] Plates

Results - Lakeside Group A Historic meeting

Post by Ausminx »

Hi all,

Thanks to the Starion forum members who came out on the weekend, was great to catch up and give those Nissans a pasting.

The car had an outstanding meeting, qualified in front of the HRT Walkinshaw, Ford RS Cosworth Sierra, Jaguar V12 etc...

Opened up a few eye's when it beat the Peter Jackson Nissan motorsports HR31 Skyline and GIO Nissan Motorsports GTR32 in race 1.

Race 2 racked up a finish in 4th ahead of various Nissan Skylines, Cosworth Sierra's, Walkinshaws, HDT & HRT Group A's and had the Starion fans going wild on XXXX hill!

The Starion in true form was running 3rd in the last race with only the Winfield Nissan Motorsports GTR32 and Ford PinePac Mustang leading it. The rear tyres cried enough as too much rear camber on the undulating lakeside circuit had fried them and it became a rally spec Starion. Exciting to watch but let the GIO Nissan Motorsports GTR32 in for 3rd place in a memorable race.

I lost count on how many guy's came up and asked about the Starions still available in Australia, so if you have a spare Starion that you can bear to let go, might be the time to stick it on eBay and supply a new breed of Starion enthusiasts.

Car will be at the Muscle Car Masters at Eastern Creek on September 3rd & 4th so watch out for it on the TV coverage and get the DVD to catch all of the race action.

Cheers! :beer
JB Starion 1985 Black 4G64 TD05 20G
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Sounds like there were a few :wtf: moments from the spectators and I suspect other competitors as well LOL :beer
Now I just need some set up specs for my JB before the Leyburn sprints in a week or so time .
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I hear there was a bit of an incident at turn 1 on the weekend. Hope all isnt too bad and car can be repaired and back on the track soon.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

At eastern creek mcm yes, the rhr control arm rose joint stub broke at 240kph! Car only has cosmetic damage..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I was concerned when I heard it had an off but good to hear no major damage, particularly as you seem to have this car well hooked up now and becoming a real front running prospect. :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.