Starion meet Melbourne (Hanging Rock Car Show 13 FEB 2011)

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Starion meet Melbourne (Hanging Rock Car Show 13 FEB 2011)

Post by Hitchy »

Hi All

Anybody interested in attending Hanging Rock Classic Car Show on 13th Feb 2011, would be a great opportunity to all catch up and check out each others rides (i'm refering to our cars). I've been told that a few classic jap cars have been attending in previous years, obvisiously there will a lot Aussie muscle cars there so why not put some Japanese Muscle in amongst it.

Show is focusing on vehicles built in 1986 and before.

Gates open at 7:30am, Entry Costs $20 per car. So bring the family and a picnic lunch and enjoy the day, there is also catering there.

for more info visit http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au

PM me if you wish to attend.

We will be meeting in Romsey (10min from Hanging Rock) that morning at 7am (sorry about early start) then travelling as a group to the show this will ensure we are all grouped together.

Hope to seya there

Hitchy
Last edited by Hitchy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

How much interest have you got thus far Andrew?
I have to choose - this is one of at least three options for me.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Post by Hitchy »

I have had some interest from JDstaz45 & Mitsumadness but unfortunately both their cars are post 86 but they still may come and have a look, other than that no other interest as yet. I understand that it's a fair hike up to Hanging Rock. For me it's 10 mins up the road so it's not an issue.

Don't let the lack of interest thus far effect your decision, you do what ever best suits you.

It's still a week and half away, surely we're not the only ones with staz's on the road down here in Mexico.

I was told there was a few Datsun & Toyotas up there last year so I was hoping we can put some Mitsubishis amongst them. Even guys who have old galants, lancers would be welcome. I'd take the rally car also if it wasn't up on blocks with the suspension missing.

Cheers.
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Post by Hitchy »

Just updated original post, have checked Show website for exact vehicle eligibilty it says:

'Show has a focus on vehicles built in 1986 and before'

So JA's, JB's and JD's will be right, Widebodies would proberly be alright as well.

Cheers,

Hitchy
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

where's hanging rock? google says it's near tamworth?! but that can't be what you're talking about as you're in melbourne right hitchy?

the contact number on the website is also victorian
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Post by Hitchy »

Hanging Rock is about an hour northwest of Melbourne up the Calder Freeway just the other side of Mt Macedon and is located between the townships of Woodend and Romsey.

It was made famous by the movie that was shot back in the stone age where some girls whilst out on a picnic go missing / get killed or something like that whilst exploring hanging rock. if you ask me I think the butler did it.

Seriously It's a very nice to visit. It is a rocky escartment that rises up out of grazing land just behind the Macedon Ranges. You can climb to the top of it for good views of the surrounding area, its also popular with rock climbers and also has caves and stuff you can explore. There is a huge picnic site at it's base where the car show is held annually.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Believe it or not, Picnic at Hanging Rock is one the very few books I read at school and had to write an essay on it. That's why I'm keen to have a squiz :wink:
Nah, it wasn't the butler, it was an UFO that swept them away..... :D

Spoke to Mitsumadness and he is free that weekend. So we will be attending together with www.18u (Shannon).
A widey and a 1986 GSR-V will be the Starion cars coming. I'm not sure how we will go with the early start but we'll make the effort!!

I'll be in touch!

:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Yeh! As JDSTAZ45 said, we will be there :D will be good I reckon!
Not fussed on whether my car is in on display or not tho, happy to just come and look anyway, and catch up with people.

:)
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Post by Hitchy »

Cool,

It will be good to meet you guys.

looking forward to it.

cheers :beer

Hitchy
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Hitchy cannot log in at the moment so I'm posting what he sent me this evening to post here:

Hi all,

Good news, We don’t need to be there till about 8:30 so new meeting time is 8am in Romsey for 8:15am departure.

Directions to Romsey:

Heading out of Melbourne , travel on Tullamarine Freeway as if you were heading to Melbourne Airport .

Continue past Airport following directions to Sunbury on Sunbury Rd (C743)
(Tullamarine Freeway becomes Sunbury Rd behind Airport) Continue through Bulla on the C743

Just before Sunbury turn right at roundabout onto the Melbourne - Lancefield Rd (Signpost: C325 Lancefield).

Continue up Melbourne - Lancefield Rd until you reach Romsey.

Drive into Romsey and at the Mitre 10 Hardware Turn left in Barry St (Signpost: Woodend A79 To Calder Fwy)

Meeting point will be on Barry St 150m from the Mitre 10, on the Left.

Seya there.

Hitchy

How?
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

New times are much better :)

Hitchy.... can you provide your mobile number just in case we get lost! :beer

Any other Mexicans coming along??
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Hitchy still can't get in, post here that you're coming and I'll PM Hitchy's mobile number.
How?
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Post by Hitchy »

I'm back in the game again,

getting a bit excited about the weekend, first time that many Starions in one place at the same time.

So far attending:

Me
Enthuzed
JDstaz45
Mitsumadness
www.18u

Cheers Hitchy :beer
When you hit the tree between the headlights that’s understeer. When you hit the tree between the tail lights that's oversteer!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

ahh i would have loved to come.. i've been itching for a long distance cruise in the starion... but i'd have to start off at midnight to get there at 8am :shock:

such a shame we don't have an autobahn in aus.. i reckon they need to make the major roadways between the major cities into autobahns without speed limits.. sydney to melbourne in.. 3 hours? :twisted:

*sigh, if only the government would spend a little less money on those stop revive survive ads and a little more on improving the roads for safer high speeds..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Post by Nosaki Faki »

I will be heading down for this but will be bringing the family down so the starion will be staying home, as well as the fact it is in no conditon to put on show, I've seen yours for a start hitchy (been mowing in romsey recently with the shire) and will not be putting mine next to it or any of the others mentioned to save embarassment.

You will know when I arrive by the 6 year old screamng look dad it's a starion. Same thing happened at the saleyard motorkhana held in bendigo a couple of years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!