IF ONLY IT WAS LEGAL!

If you think it might offend someone, chuck it in here where the wusses don't look!
cyau01
[P] Plater austaz

Post by cyau01 »

had mine up to 180 on the gold coast motorway but was getting too much wheel shake decided to back off, turned out to be a flat spot on tyer.

but i once had a xe falcon( '83) upto 240 on the highway in to brisbane, racing a motor bike at about 10 in the morning. that was scarrrry and very stupid. we were merging thru cars as we went. motor bike backed off first. very lucky we didnt kill ourselves or others in hindsight.
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Been pulled at 170km/h in 50 zone in Christchurch in Starion racing. Cop let me go (dog handler had callout, my lucky day) was years ago and wouldn't consider it now. Got same car reading 150mph down south around same time. I doubt that the speedo is accurate but she wasn't going any faster. I don't think they have legal top speed runs here anymore.
Rainey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Rainey »

I haven't wound my Starion up yet but I have learnt what Starions do best... skids!!! We just had some fresh rain and I cut a few divets into the bitumen. rofl
STARI//ART
linx
Newcomer

Post by linx »

First of all, I have raced go karts and have had considerable experiance driving cars at speed before I had my P's (Advanced driving causes aren't only fun, I highly recommend them)

Ok

255 K in a VT Clubby R8... um in the rain.(first of the holdens to get Chev Gen 3) went into 6th and started loosing speed.

180+ (somewhere off the clock) in my old supercharged MR2 (funnest car I have owned)

180+ in a 87 2.6 GN sigma, This thing was stock. I was caught speeding in this car doing 160 k an hour. I got liscence suspended and cost 8 points along with 700 dollars of government funding.

130k in a Ferarri 360, Unfortunately I only got to drive it up the street.

200+ K in my modified sigma ( This engine is going into the starion I am hopefully getting soon )

180 + in a mates modified S13 (strangely not as stable as MR2, I think this car need some wheel alignment and some attention to the suspension)

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to drive a Starion at v max.

With the exception of certain red exotica (I didn't really get to go that quick in it anyway) I find that the sigma is probably nicest thing in this list to drive at max. (the clubby was let down with wooden and frankly completely disconnected feel through the steering wheel, though It was also very solid at speed, considering it was raining)

I rarely do the top speed run thing anymore. I am running out of liscence to drive with.
grothie1978
I love starions

speeding

Post by grothie1978 »

heya peepz

-2 mates and myself done 275 in my mates worked off its face vl calais turbo
-Dad and I done roughly 210 on his FXR superglide harley
-I done roughly 80-90 on a dirt track straight into the scrub breaking my collar bone :oops:
-I done about 90-100 in our J-series go kart on public road
*but this was all when i was younger and thought i was made of rubber

NOT GOOD
--Many Thanks--
REPREZENTIN'
http://www.freeyabb.com/forums/unstable.html <---REGISTER HERE
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Did 170km/h in the Stazza the other day, it just keeps pulling but it got hella floaty at those speeds and my tires are bald as a badger. Also played silly buggers yesterday and made one tiny little video of a soft-as-tissues skid I done. :wink:

MOVIE (right-click) save target as)
STARI//ART
rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

My tissues say they are much harder than that and are insulted after seeing that :P
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Haha, bastard! rofl
STARI//ART
cannonball_kid
[L] Plates

Post by cannonball_kid »

I had my previous car( a stock as a rock 88 Toyota Soarer TT) up to 240 and I scared the F@%K outta myself. The car didn't feel unstable either.. I was young and invincible so, KIDS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!! :glare:
If it won't go...FORCE IT!
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

flav wrote:I have sat on the autobahn from Germany to Belgium on 280kmh...in 6th gear.....on the rev limiter.....for 4 hrs. However it was not in a Starion.
This is Legal.
In Australia I've clocked:

215kmh in my old Galant GSR which was an n/a 4g63 FWD.

254kmh in my old VR-4... which was 3.545 gears and that's 7400rpm in 5th (IE the limiter). VR4's feel ROCK SOLID at this speed and with the upgraded brakes (slotted front & rear discs and ferodo pads and twinpot fronts) almost threw me through the windscreen in its attempt to stop near instantly.

290+kmh in my old man's AMG powered E class. He regularly does 240-250 in this car, it will happily pull to about 320 when it runs out of gears in the auto. (Speedo stops at 300). As the mercedes gets faster, the aerodynamics force the car down into the ground. You can literally feel it get lower at about 180kmh and again about 250-260kmh. I have a photo around here somewhere of it doing over 260 and it's clearing the ground by about 6cm ground to side skirts. Now that's design.

345 kmh for 3 hours driving from northern to southern germany in an SL900 Mercedes (or similar???) hire car. By god I loved this thing. It was like a 7 speed auto or something.

I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU DRIVE 300+ KMH FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. The concentration required is INSANE. I slept for like 10 hours that night and all I did was drive for 4 hours.

Although, that said... once you've clocked 300, 200 and anything doesn't seem fast anymore and I get --bored-- driving at 100-199.
S73R
Big Dorifto

Post by S73R »

well i was driven from mildy over took 10 cars in a row and hit 210-220 (vmax for my st-162 toyota celica) held in 4 a while then.... my trans overheated and blew up..... dont vmax and auto :oops:
"Only one way to live, Full BOOOST!!!!!!!!"
Starion82
[L] Plates

gateway

Post by Starion82 »

i hit 155 up the gateway bridge from the tolls to the top of the crest.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Done a few runs, but never again......too dangerous, too stupid, too many close calls, not worth it for the 1 min max adrenalin rush. Like ecstacy, first time is the best it'll ever be, then you go for more and more and it never hits you in the same way........once you hit those pyshcological barriers, 200 & 300, nothing is fast anymore.

The only thing I'm going for now is the gforce factor, you don't have to be going fast to be able to shit yourself accelerating/cornering hard and flat :wink:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
2lturbs
I like starions

Post by 2lturbs »

yep heres the moron who breaks the law...i did 269 on a 99 r1 yamaha on the back never again!
my starion has hit a tree and a roundabout and she loves it to.....