IF ONLY IT WAS LEGAL!

If you think it might offend someone, chuck it in here where the wusses don't look!
Wraith
Dorifto!

Post by Wraith »

pushed the staz hard a couple of times along station and boundry roads just giving others a run, one of the scariest would be racing my mates prelude along station rd at midnight clocking up 190km/h then hitting the brakes at the red lights that were coming up fast.had glowing discs at the end of the night. lol. :twisted:
try not to do that stuff much unless its in a back rd with no obstructions.
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned...
DasKar
*** Half Century Post ***

Post by DasKar »

Think ive had mine round the 220 area- but i also got told that speedos are a fair bit out of whack at that stage-prbably bout 180 tops on dirt- A lot of nice long roads and suggested 70-90k corners near mine and lotsa fire acess trails where i wrote my first Staz off!that was at about 150 and walked out- why i love these lil cars so much
83 JA w/ TC06/T4 Highflow,ported airbox with VPort BOV,3 inches and FMC,nearly re registed!! Many Thanks to Flav for Switches!!!!!
robert26t
Enthusiast

Post by robert26t »

the staz i only had around 160 but it was to bumpy to take my eyes off the road to get a good reading!. Fastest i have ever taken a car was 240k on the dot in my 3.5 5sp fagna on a country road.. it was pretty smooth she still had another 1000rpm in her before redline to. Bloody speed limiter!
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

What a bunch of bloody hoons we all are.........I hope there is an element of saftey in these high speed runs that everyone seems to be doing! I leave it to the freeway late at night after a couple of sweeper runs first.
DasKar
*** Half Century Post ***

Post by DasKar »

I FEEL THE NEED......................
Any you guys seen that ghost rider flick with the turboed bike doing monos at like 330+???? Out runs cops on Ski mobile with wheels!!!!
Good speed Vid if you need fix
83 JA w/ TC06/T4 Highflow,ported airbox with VPort BOV,3 inches and FMC,nearly re registed!! Many Thanks to Flav for Switches!!!!!
born4u2nvm3
I like starions more

Post by born4u2nvm3 »

i am sure we all speed and do dumb things, just hope everyone is safe when they do it... hate to see a stazz come off the road and the driver hurt...

next time i go, i will go to the drags just to get a 1/4 mile time, and see where i match up....

+ only have 1 point and i need to drive, i just let it all go when i am on the road
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

On the bad side..does anyone remember a guy called Maurie Quincey? He was a Motorcycle icon in sales in this country. I used to work on his Starion when i was at Mits. One day he was cruising on the way home from being out with his wife when he had a moment in the Staz, went off the road and rolled it onto its roof. His wife did not survive the accident. I hate that story, but let it be a lesson to us all. We all think we are indestructable....please think about what you are doing before you do it.
Griphin
Lil' Dorifto

Post by Griphin »

215k, on the highway between Geelong and Melbourne (Before the new speed cameras were installed) with a 30 head team checking the road for bumps and debree. Would have kept going had it not started raining.

I drive very responsibly when there are passengers in the car, I drive safely when there are other cars on the road near me and Im by myself, and I like to sprint short distances when completely alone and the weather's fine. That last point isnt so true anymore though since I took a sweeping bend and found an oil slick. Luckily I've had a lot of offroad driving practice (Thankyou Western District Car Club) so I knew how to handle the car, but i was VERY close to taking my girl sideways into a powerpole.

Oh, I never ever speed around residential areas, ESPECIALLY near my house. I've seen far too many lucky escapes by kids running out onto roads after a ball or pet, or just stupid pedestrians who expect everyone to know they're coming out from behind the parked van.
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

220 in the DASH coming home from work... workmate right up my rear end in his XR6 Turbo Falcon, he didn't have enough extra to pass me so he just sat there. I was running real rich top end and I selezed up his bonnet, Ha.
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

225 in the orange rig the other day, with the tall 225/50/16 tyres, it`d be reasonably accurate! on a 4 lane highway, near midnite, no other cars around. correct speed rated tyres on aswell, be mindful of this, people! a blowout at 220 would be nasty!

have seen 235 before, but that was with 205/50/16`s.

mental note: the windsceen moulding detaches and flies off at 225 kph!

and don`t u think its odd how the northern territory has no open road speed limit on the sturt highway etc yet always returns the lowest (quite often nil) holiday period road toll? check it out next hols.. maybe speed doesn`t kill! maybe people not concentrating on what they`re doing is the actual cause?????

residential speed limits are there 4 a reason, tho. kids do run out onto roads!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

Your correct, it's not paying attention that is a problem. You can just back up in your driveway and run over a kid, no speed involved. But, as you go faster the risks increase. If something goes wrong, it will be a lot worse.
You should use some black Sicaflex to glue down your molding on the windscreen.
:D :D
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

done 240 at about 5 1/5 grand with the vr4 donk.
shat myself totally.
4 in the morning down a huge highway straight.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

SOWTZ if i lived next to you slap the sh!t out of you... wait till oneday you hit a little kid... see how good you feel about that
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

have taken mine to 225 on country roads
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

220kph (indicated) in the staz and 235kph (indicated) in the XR6T - has a limiter at this speed :x
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph