IF ONLY IT WAS LEGAL!

If you think it might offend someone, chuck it in here where the wusses don't look!
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

being in danger to sound too righteous, like cookie said take it to the track, but on the Bruce a long time ago the stazz saw a tad over 190, on an empty stretch, however if it was legal, you wouldn't see me on the roads as much...... too many idiots doing it at once..
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

210Km/h in a stock JD, would have kept going but I ran out of room
250Km/H in 89 VR-4.. both in controlled circumstances
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I have sat on the autobahn from Germany to Belgium on 280kmh...in 6th gear.....on the rev limiter.....for 4 hrs. However it was not in a Starion.
This is Legal.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Motorbike?

Someone needs to break the 300km/hr barrier in a starion :D
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Opel Lotus Omega.

I have a bike that will do 300 though!
But we need a Starion out there thats capable of 300.
Can someone work out the ratio's we need for this? Im a tad busy at the sec....watching 'Beauty and the Beast' with my little bub.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Lotus Omega's look awesome, real sentinel appeal about them, only 1100 made too. :D
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Matey!
You have surprised me in your knowledge of these cars. We also had an Evolution 2 omega. These babys are just so much more advanced of what we had here in Australia at the time. Active aerodynamics....do we have that on production cars yet? This was in 1990!
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

How could you ignore a 6 speed with 380hp stock, was it yours? Whats active aerodynamics?
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I wish it was mine...........this car is a weapon. The rear wing adjusts itself depending on speed and braking. The MF1 is one of the only other cars i know that does this.
SOWTZ
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by SOWTZ »

Flav there is other cars like that, not as good, most it just happens when you get to a certain speed : GTO (front and rear adjusts), Porches(most 911 have it), the new Crossfire and a few others. There are some that are real good like the new Maclaren SLR it adapts when heavy breaking is applied (see pic). Then there was the proto type Mitsubishi HSR2 it changed (1/2 the wing went up) when you turned (see other pic).
And from memory the Opel Lotus Omega had an Australian made Diff’.
pic:
other pic:
I have a car. I use it to drive to work, to drive to work I need petrol, petrol cost money, I must work to make this money… it’s a vicious cycle!
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I know of the carrera 2 and 4 does this but they are just a little tame flap. We did some development work on the Omega. If it has an Oz Diff it would be from Harrop as thats who we used to do nearly all of the work and Hollinger to do the box.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

HSR2 looks the shiz mc boz
igottasicjb
I like starions more

Post by igottasicjb »

i had the lone of my friends series 3 rx7 (series 5 motor) (yes i know its not a staz and its a rota) for a night and had a run against an yamaha r1 along the m1 in brisbane i lost :oops: but not by alot i. about 10 mins later i called into coomera bp to refuel and a guy wearing moto gear came up and said what the f*ck is under that, well he was on the r1. we had a chat for 5 min as i showed him the car. he said he glaced at the speedo as he started to pull past us, 268km/h and i was just starting to hit the limiter. but never again at the owner of the car lost his licence for 3 years a week later doing the same.
boost = the replacement for displacement
<<<PIGS can fly
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

igottasicjb wrote:i had the lone of my friends series 3 rx7 (series 5 motor) (yes i know its not a staz and its a rota) for a night and had a run against an yamaha r1 along the m1 in brisbane i lost :oops: but not by alot i. about 10 mins later i called into coomera bp to refuel and a guy wearing moto gear came up and said what the f*ck is under that, well he was on the r1. we had a chat for 5 min as i showed him the car. he said he glaced at the speedo as he started to pull past us, 268km/h and i was just starting to hit the limiter. but never again at the owner of the car lost his licence for 3 years a week later doing the same.

How long ago did Christian lose his license ???
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
born4u2nvm3
I like starions more

Post by born4u2nvm3 »

well not long after having my car... was on the freeway and wanted to see if it would push as hard with 5 ppl in the car... well yes it didnt go has hard but i tell you wasnt too long b4 i reached 200km and i was still in gear 4.. dont really want to go over 200km, cause old and dont want more probs...