the orange car saga: not nuts, just 276.8rwhp..

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.

SPEND UP AND MAKE IT CRAZY in hope of more $$??

Poll ended at Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:06 pm

YES it`ll sell easier if it's faster
50%
NO dont be silly fkn
50%

Total votes: 18

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

enthuzed wrote:Though that said, I'll probably be pushing to get 180rwkw with the 450cc units...
My car is still running the 450cc jap vr4 injectors, and it's put down 210rwkw on the dyno. Granted there can be discrepancies between dynos, but i would hope that it wouldn't be as bad as + or - 30kw
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

thrash wrote:you don't need 200rwkw to spin the wheels in 2nd. It's not power that will cause your wheels to break traction, it's torque. If the torque (force) turning the wheel is greater than the friction (again, force) between the tyre and the ground, you spin the wheels.

I could easily spin the wheels in my mate's old 253 powered bommadore in 2nd and it made perhaps 100rwkw I would suspect. It had good torque and was hence a fun car on the street, even if not that quick in reality.

also, you can have 4" everything 1800cc injectors, huge turbo and tb, but your motor will only make as much power as the bottle neck will allow - in this case, the concensus seems to be that the l300 manifold is a severe bottle neck - the sonata one not as much.
yeah will be getting it tuned for obviously more torque over power i guess.. i could settle on 150 - 200rwkw if the torque reading is decent and i get sideways easy enough. going the sonata manifold route i think.. and whatever else is stated in my build thread.. but yeah i understand what you mean..
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

200rwkw is enough to drift 3rd on a track, hell 200rwhp is enough to spin 3rd...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

thought i might try and find the old dyno pics.. no luck.

found a few old pics though:

Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

Tri spokes for the WIN :D
jb - white outside maroon inside
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

A mate of mine is selling them, they require 25mm bolt ons at the front though which are included. Tim put 17 inch mahdi mesh rims on this car..

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

seeing those pictures makes me wanna respray my starion now... looked the goods man.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
bretts JA
[P] Plates

Post by bretts JA »

GormzZ wrote:seeing those pictures makes me wanna respray my starion now... looked the goods man.
Me to looks good i have seen davids gemini to at willow bank thats nice to just goes to show he knows is stuff wish i lived closer to davids work shop :) :beer