Gormzz's Stazza..!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

G'day GormzZ,

One day we will have to organise a catch up between us so I can take a picture of my Starion next to another Starion.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

haha yeah i just need to finish one and get this gsr on the road already!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Today i managed to get the factory thermo's from a ja/jb/jd swapped into this originally equipped clutch fan gsr III working today, wired straight into the ignition so its constantly on when ignition is on.. Wasn't working when we wired it into the coolant sensor at the bottom of the radiator so went this route instead.. Will properly sort it out another time.

Problem is though its still running alot hotter then it should be... Will need to give the engine/radiator a seriously flush out and possibly get the radiator pressure tested and so forth.. Going to invest in a tridon hi flow thermostat to as i bet the old one is just old and had it.

Besides the cooling issue with the car i've managed to get it running a bit better with a temporary pipe between the turbo and intake for the meantime.. replaced the fuel filter with a new one and gave the intake throttle body a good carby cleaner cleanout! Main issue at the moment is its starting to idle a little higher then 1,000rpm, any ideas on that guys? Have noticed when tapping the throttle quick the car will want to stall.. and also the fuel pump is whining its head off! Suspect the fuel pump pickup is gunked up full of crap from years of sitting and now the pump is on its way out.. Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated... Nonetheless progress is still good!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Tank is probably full of shit, taken out the pump with it!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Yeah thats what iim thinking dave.. From what i've been told this gsr has been sitting since last properly registered/driven back in 2009... So plan is to drop the tank.. drain the fuel, clean the tank out well and proper.. then if the fuel pump is buggered like i suspect then i'll invest in a walbro 255 or alike and hopefully that fix's my issue..
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Wheelie bin cleaner (phenyl) is the go for tank cleaning :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

looks like i'll have to get me some of that also!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

oh also removed the hoodlining tonight on the track stazz and noticed the rust on the roof has been plated from the inside and not even cut to the right hole size.. looks so dodge, can't believe people actually go to the effort to weld something in but won't cut the rust completely out and kill it and weld in a section and at least try make it look good.. sigh...
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Latest acquisition is a red widebody starion! Bad news was the motor was seized until I fully disassembled it and will now get a semi rebuild while the body gets fixed. Finally have my dream car :)
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Welcome to the widey club mate.