Gormzz's Stazza..!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Recieved my new drift steering wheel to put on the old girl also..

Also got my car dyno'd at a car show yesterday.. (65$ entry so why not).. Suprised me and i pushed out 157rwhp on roughly 14psi at fuel cut. The dyno fellas were saying i could've got a bit more but due to my tune being way out've whack and leaning out to much on boost... So hopefully when i get this mpfi swap done.. exhaust and a better tune at the least i can see shy of 200rwhp on 14psi.

Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Haven't updated in a while.. but i really need to kick into overdrive next year coming up! Got all this lsd and gear here ready to go in.. just need to pull my finger out. Also ecu has fallen through so i gotta try look elsewhere for one now so i can start to put the mpfi together. Other then that.. been working on my mx32 cressida's.. for when they recieve a 1j and replace my daily.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Alright.. so i'm coming back onto the subject of ecu's as it is one of the last key things i need for my mpfi swap.. which then i can start putting it altogether! Microtech as mentioned fell through.. but am starting to get convinced about the EMS Stinger's.. Wheres a reputable place preferrably on the east coast of australia that i can get a price on one from? OR even the v4x could be on the cards.. just want this damn thing sorted already.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wolf-V4X-ECU ... 35c39106c4 This the one right?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
starionc
I love starions

ECU

Post by starionc »

G'day GormzZ
I just got my mpi set up tuned. I've got a Microtech L10s
I got the computer 4 years ago, and only just got it tuned in September.

For the money now tho. I would buy a HALTEC computer!!!!! They are now around the $1000 mark. Plus all the installation and tune.

My Dyno time cost $880. And my mate (he is an auto electrician) wired it up for me. That was $300. But he had to get the injector plugs and wire them to the loom that came with the ecu.

So I have an L300 MPI manifold and an intercooler with the microtech and a 2.5inch mandril bent exhaust from the turbo back. Sounds nice and made 174.8 RWHP on 11psi of boost.

The cost
Microtec L10s ecu $1100 (back then the Haltec was almost $2400!)

Wiring about $300

New exhaust $500? Cant remember. Might of been $600 (But worth it, as the exhaust guy is a rally guy too. He made it tuck in nice and tight to the floor!)

Tune $880 over 2 times due to the clutch failing

New clutch $600 fitted :x

New clutch slave and master cylinders approx $250

New brake master cylinder, re-kitted $155

Plus I had some other work done while it was at the shop, so I think another $300 in labour (that was added to the service of my truck)

Total of $4085 :o :o :o :o :o :o :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:
No wounder it's not painted and got suspension yet :x :x

I should point out, the L300 manifold and intercooler were already fitted and waiting.

That cost, back then (6 years ago)

Cooler $200 ebay

Pipe work / fitting $300 I think??

Manifold was $250 plus some labour to fit it and make a bracket for the throttle cable..

So $750 before the computer!!!

So that's close to $5K :drool:

Makes a starion that's for sale with MPI already on it worth the $5 or $6K that the seller wants doesn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many Starions can one man drive!!

Check out my website: www.aboutstumpgrinding.com.au
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah i can see where your coming from.. heck i should've just went straight for the head swap.. but i guess i've come this far with the mpfi gear that i've bought i might as well buy the last remaining touches.. get it sorted and then just see what she can do. you made 175rwhp which aint to bad.. if i could get the 180ish or more i'd be happy for the meantime. got my other project cressy which is getting a 1jz.. tempts me ever so much to just put a 1j in the starion.. but the starion WAS meant to be a budget build just to get the feel for sliding a car. nonetheless you've given me heaps of information on rough prices on things mate.. so thank you!

Oh taking into account my car has already made 157rwhp on 14pound.. thats on the restrictive tbi setup to. So really hoping for 180+ and a good induction/exhaust note at the least!

EDIT: Also can't remember if i mentioned before.. obviously wanting to go a cheaper route as most of my money will be going to my other project.. so what is cheap enough and still will perform ok? Are piggyback's a possibility to or? Let us know what your thoughts are everyone.. really need to know.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
kailo
Dorifto!

Post by kailo »

you could do a fuel only I would imagine... Ive seen enough sub $500 second hand ecu's on ebay though
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah was half leaning that way.. but then keep coming back to what people say in regards to the power gains from tuning the ignition side of things.. hmmm
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

alright still on the lookout for a reasonable ecu... starting to hurt my head a bit. in the meantime i'm about to pick up a 1jz tomorrow for my other x3 cressida project.. and then also noticed when i had my staz on the hoist yesterday at work.. shes starting to look a bit average underneath.. so anyone got some reputable brands to buy suspension bushings and lower control arms and basically anything you can think of underneath the car in the suspension/steering department? i thought i might as well sort them out if im going to buy d2's and slide the old girl...
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Bit the bullet and looks like im getting a haltech.. All for a good price with some extra goodies with it also. Hopefully this e6k will do the trick for what i intend for. Just need to get a v6 magna throttle cable and hopefully put the starion in the shed to get all its new gear put on, wired up and turn the key. Getting close now.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

E6K are a good computer :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Thats the computer I have in my widebody. It is programmable via dos but still a great thing. :beer
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

GormzZ wrote:alright still on the lookout for a reasonable ecu... starting to hurt my head a bit. in the meantime i'm about to pick up a 1jz tomorrow for my other x3 cressida project.. and then also noticed when i had my staz on the hoist yesterday at work.. shes starting to look a bit average underneath.. so anyone got some reputable brands to buy suspension bushings and lower control arms and basically anything you can think of underneath the car in the suspension/steering department? i thought i might as well sort them out if im going to buy d2's and slide the old girl...
Fulcrum supply all of my poly bushes :)
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Yeah, have only heard good about this e6k so far! glad you guys convinced me, and yeah woody i'll have a laptop included in the deal to tinker with or the tuner lol.

and old fart is there a link to a website to buy of the shelf fulcrum bushes? if not i'd be keen on getting a fair few bushings throughout front end and rear end if i can get quotes/prices etc.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

yeah, I worked out how to still tune it with windows 7 anyway, if you have troubles give me a yell :)
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

damn computer and electronics wizards! I wish I could do what you do :beer
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol