Lunacy's Targa Car Build

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

ProZac wrote:Oh snap, i didnt think they were available anymore... Might just have to raid the piggybank...
See if he'll do a deal for more than one set, mite be a few of us here who want them :)
STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

Hey Bryce. Just incase you've text me, im away in china for work at the mo and my phone doesnt work.. :roll: I'll give you a yell when im back and we'll catch up dude.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

STARZILA wrote:Hey Bryce. Just incase you've text me, im away in china for work at the mo and my phone doesnt work.. :roll: I'll give you a yell when im back and we'll catch up dude.
All gd mate :) Yeah did txt you last weekend but no drama! Back to sea on tues so wil let you know when im back again
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Well been a long time between drinks/updates :beer
Have still been busy on the car in spare moments and have managed to get a few more bits and pieces done.
I cut all my intercooler piping out, and Prozac kindly tigged it all up for me, then just bought all the joiners and clamps i needed.
Ive also fabricated brackets for the PS reservoir, and catch can and welded them on. Still need to get rid of the rest of the unwanted engine bay brackets.
Also did up the braided hoses for the catch can.
Started to make first section of turbo downpipe as well before welder ran out of gas :(
Anyways heres a couple of pics (before catch can was fitted)

Last edited by Lunacy on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Looking good Bryce!!
The radiator looks quite thick. What brand is it?
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

JAS wrote:Looking good Bryce!!
The radiator looks quite thick. What brand is it?
Thanks man. Finally feel like im getting somewhere with it now. The radiator is a 3 core one for an s13 silvia. Guy not far from me sells them. Only 200 bucks as well!
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Definitely looking pretty awesome man :-).

Does the guy with the radiators sell them online, or on trademe at all? Mine is doing the job, but is a pretty average quality redline one... Would like something a bit thicker and nicer.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Have a look at a FENIX Race 1212A ally radiator for a S13 with an SR20 motor as the size is spot on
I had one to install in the JB but it was app8mm too tight between my cooler pipes. :(
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

Great progress, old Prozac is a real handy man!

87 Starion EX
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

OF - Yeah, That's the same radiator I currently have fitted to my car, but I'm not overly impressed by the quality. It does do the job though, so I should probably just leave it.

The one Bryce has fitted looks to be a bit beefier and better made.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Well have been getting a bit more done in the spare couple of hrs i have each arvo.
Gave up on rebuilding my rear calipers (what a total PITA), so grabbed another couple off Jas (cheers man) and gave them a good cleanup, wirebrush and then coated them with POR15.
Once dry, i pulled the pistons out, cleaned up the bores, and replaced all the dust covers and seals.
Came up pretty well i think:

Also have finally finished delooming both the engine bay and interior looms. Not a very exciting update, but a very time consuming job making sure im leaving everything i need. So now the looms are alot smaller, and alot tidier. Ive retaped and covered all of them with plastic tubing.
And the best part, is when i reconnected everything up to 12v, everything works as its supposed to :)
This is what i ended up removing!

Now just need to finalise the length of all the ecu wires, then plug them into this:

Also made up a couple of brackets to keep the dash secure on the edges (as ive had to cut away alot for the rollcage)

Lastly had a alloy plate cut to fit 3 gauges where the heater controls usually go. Have mounted the oil pressure and water temp gauges, just waiting on the boost gauge to arrive from the USA.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

very nice!! put that box of wiring on the scales and tell us how much it weighs!

and if you don't mind my asking, how much did that ultra sexy business looking connector plug set you back?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

thrash wrote:very nice!! put that box of wiring on the scales and tell us how much it weighs!

and if you don't mind my asking, how much did that ultra sexy business looking connector plug set you back?
Its actually pretty heavy - quite surprising how many wires a racecar doesnt need!

The bulkhead connector was around $50 landed in NZ from the USA. Very tidy bit of kit and makes it nice and easy to remove the engine and box without unplugging everything.
Firebrand
I like starions

Post by Firebrand »

Getting close to completion now :) I'm gonna have to make a trip up to see this at some stage :D
1983 Starion GSR-II (TD05)
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Firebrand wrote:Getting close to completion now :) I'm gonna have to make a trip up to see this at some stage :D
Haha completion :beer Dunno if thats ever going to happen :) But close to firing her up for the first time anyway! Well once i save up for the first tune and dyno time :)