JA Night Rida :)

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Shit your time is quick. If I remember rightly the lap record was a 1.09.2 by Phil in his VK 5.0ltr group E car. I did a 1.08.5 with the JA. I think the quick sports sedans were only just breaking a flat 60 sec lap and a couple of years later the Group A boys were on 56 sec laps.
At the same time there was a nation wide competition to drive a VN commodore around a number of race tracks in Australia and the quickest from each state would drive off for a 'real' drive in a race car somewhere? I forget the exact details. Anyway I ummed and arred about paying the $1000 entry fee as I was studying and had spent all my money on the JA so passed up the opportunity to enter. The QLD winner did a 1.11 and the week after I got to drive the same car and cracked a 1.10 - I punch myself over that but in the long run I think I have done the right thing and built a life around family rather than cars and racing. I can not complain.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

My navigator swears that was the time I didnt' remember :(
I remember 68's in the JB on road tyres when I used to go in the Porsche track days when the car was close to stock and 65's in my twin webbered 1800 ex rally Gemini It loved to cock a leg in Hungary too :D
BUT I was much younger then :wink:
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL