75300 members

Help in the development of Austarion
GasJA
I like starions

75300 members

Post by GasJA »

Hi Al
It looks like we have a lot more members than before, 75300 in fact.
Of these 1137 have made one or more posts.

You would think that members of Starquest and other Starion forums would become members, just to have a look. Ditto owners of other Mits models.
Perhaps some way for these people to have a check box(es) to indicate that they are members of other Mits car forums or clubs would mean that they could be retained on file.
Many members on here would have also signed up for starquest I expect, and never made a post.

Is it time for a cull, or are you intending to move to a new software for the forum.
Would we lose the encyclopedia of information that has been posted on the forum or are there ways to migrate the threads to a new SW platform.
What year was austarion.com started?

I have seen some newer car forums and they do tend to be slower than this one, for searching and posting.
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Pretty much all of those members are spam bots, registered before the process got locked down august 2013.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I am pushing to have the forum software updated. Two reasons, more up to date and stable and the ability for admins to prune spam users and keep them from registering. I believe there are some issues transferring all the data from the current forum into a new on, we do not want to lose anything. I'd rather it be alive than missing stuff. It is ongoing.

Some US people are here....but as engines are different and a lot of WB's overseas, there's not a huge crossover. Plus, nobody has actively advertised our presence on US sites.

I guess the official start date was 09 September 2003 when Decoy created this place. Bishiboys was the place before here until it imploded.
GasJA
I like starions

Post by GasJA »

Al
I have time on my hands and could delete the 74163 members who have never posted. This must be a file that you could edit. If the members file is a text file it should not be too hard to do.
I am a very boring person.
I did do a post grad in Internet Software Development around the time that this website was created. Never worked in the IT area though. I was a bit cheesed off at the profession I was working in at the time.

Like I said this website is great.
Facebook, youtube, vimeo and others will give you the social media hit you crave.
What I like about this forum is that it is quick to search, post and find what you are looking for.
If you don't have security issues - I don't think you should update the website SW yet.
One thing that needs changing is to have a go to page number function in the threads. The way it is set up now it takes a while to get to page 37 if there are 83 pages. :glare:

Just wondering what other software you are considering and examples of these sites.
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..