Bogus new users & old ones that never posted

Help in the development of Austarion
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Bogus new users & old ones that never posted

Post by enthuzed »

I've been watching the names of new users when on the main page of this forum. They look like they are being auto-generated. Further to that it got me thinking...there are 708 users that have never posted even once, and I reckon with over 500 of them have now been registered for over twelve months.
Should they be deleted?
Also, I reckon there should be a verification code to stop Bots from creating these new users.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

The forum is in desperate need of some attention on this front yes. Its not hard to do, but obviously the mods don't have the time to do it. I am more than happy to offer my services for free, but I don't think they want my help. It not, PM me guys. :beer
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yes, the users are automatically generated somehow, there is a code word etc to get past but clearly the bots know a way around it. And I haven't had a lot of time to go back thru the list and cull the spam users. This board software is also pretty old, they have to be removed one by one, painful stuff. It doesn't affect the way things run cos all users have to be manually approved, but it makes the place look very untidy. DEEEEEKS.......!!!!!! time to upgrade!!!!!!
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

yeah, since I've joined the forum a couple of years ago there's been a constant stream of names joining with a new name on the front page practically every day and no involvement, I say delete. But they don't actually seem to harm anything so if it's too much trouble just leave it.
jb - white outside maroon inside
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

hey al, can you please send a confirmation email to cgibb? he's a bona fide starion owner from the USA...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Homeowners insurance - can't believe this is our newest member right now!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

There is a VERY easy way to update this, to stop spam. our current version is not protected enough. If you want, give me access and I will do it for you, I have done it already to a few sites. But its up to the admin's as I would need access to the ftp to update the latest php as well.