Seat Refurb in Perth?

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
WIDEBODYMAN
[L] Plates

Seat Refurb in Perth?

Post by WIDEBODYMAN »

Do any of you Perth guys know a good seat trimmer?..My Widey is near the end of its nut & bolt restoration and the seats are ripped/faded etc.They need to be re done in leather.
I've already got a quote from a company called Trimcare,who reckon $800 ea..

cheers
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Good price IMO. You can pay much more than that. I paid $250 for a repair to cloth front seats.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

I live 2 blocks from "Myaree Auto Trimmers"
Been trading in the same shed/workshop for many years (probably decades?) with a good reputation for quality I am told.
I see quit a nice range of old school cars in mid restoration going through there but I doubt they will be the most price competitive if thats what your looking for.

Never heard of trimcare but had a look at their site and it looks like a long term quality shop.
I'd make sure firstly you choose a business with good honest advice and a proven standard of workmanship that meets your expectations.
If you get that, the extra cost will soon be forgotten. A sub par job will annoy you forever.

In general, custom car services in Perth aren't cheap, whether engine, bodywork or whatever. What with the mining boom and all the import workers (UK widey :wink: :) ), good oldschool craftsmen are a little thin on the ground here now.

Whatever you choose it would be great if you updated this thread or started a build thread with some details of who you have used for resto work and what you have done so far. Not many Sandgropers on here regularly but Id sure be interested.

Good luck
J
jb - white outside maroon inside
Muz
[P] Plates

Post by Muz »

I would highly recommend Brett from Supatrim in Welshpool, 9415 0415. He's done heaps of work for me over the years and has done some great work on my Starion's. He's been in the game for over 30 years so he knows his shit.
JD Pristine condition. JA tarmac spec car.JB tarmac race car, JB ex Gp "A" car being reborn. Had Starions for 25 years.
WIDEBODYMAN
[L] Plates

Post by WIDEBODYMAN »

Thanks for that Muz, I'll give him a call.How many Starion's have you had??

Thanks for the info jk..Yeah I need a great job done.Believe me this Starion's full restoration has cost me a fortune so far including new brakes,braided brake lines & custom made carpet from the US.
All the bodywork was done by Murray's Panel & Paint in Wangara, and he's a genius when it comes to resto's..def old school craftsman..He's had the car since Feb last year!!...I will put up some pics soon.Should be resprayed soon in Mexican Red.
The UK Widey seats are great, I just need to recover them in a good quality leather.

I really need the window rubbers which I can't seem to source anywhere.I've got another Widebody which I can cannibalise for parts, but its rubbers aren't that much better..

Happy driving!!