Paint code?

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
JA83
Mine is bigger than yours

Paint code?

Post by JA83 »

My ja is a darker shade of red under the bonnet, does anyone know.the paint code for it?
JA83

Post by JA83 »

Anyone?
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
JA83

Post by JA83 »

Still dosent help me??
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

You should have an options plate on your car in the engine bay, look for either UE or R47 and then you will have the paint code of your paint.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

By under the bonnet do you mean the underside of the bonnet or the engine bay? I doubt you'll find a code for the engine bay, they are different colours to the rest of the car. Under the bonnet will be the car code...just not faded by years of sun.

Cut a chunk out and take it to your painter/paint shop to match...then when you weld the piece back in you'll have the colour to match :D
JA83

Post by JA83 »

Yes talking about engine bay just to clear things up.. I have just repaired my ja, new rad.support and lh inner guard... Want to match the darker red.colour
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

JA83 wrote:Yes talking about engine bay just to clear things up.. I have just repaired my ja, new rad.support and lh inner guard... Want to match the darker red.colour
I had my R04 red GSR-V colour matched when painted and it looked nothing like it! http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=13246
The outside colour looks more vibrant similar to a ferrari red whereas the engine bay is a darker red similar to that deep 'safari red' that is supposed to be on the early Starions.
I read on the Starquest forums that they have dramas getting the R04 red matched up as well.

I think with the colour red you are wasting your time matching it up as it changes in the intensity with it being weathered.
Probably have the engine bay touched up the best you can and have the exterior respayed in full...afterall you have recently had it resprayed before the damage.
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

As far as I know the engine bay is painted in the base coat whatever that is, there is no code for this colour... Later model falcons etc are the same!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au