Sanding problems

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
Patty
Newcomer

Sanding problems

Post by Patty »

I have been repainting my starion for the last 3 months, after lots of painting and sanding I polished it up and i got lots of fine scratches in the paint, the scratches go in the direction I have been sanding. I used acrylic paint and sanded back with 1000, 1500 than 2000 grit than a cutting foam pad on an electric polisher, when i first noticed i went back over the pressing really fine and i still get the same scratches.

I would have thought that was enough to get a decent shine without the scratches. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem or what I am doing wrong.

Patty
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

You haven't removed the scratches from each previous batch of sanding by the sound of it. I am not an expert in the paint field so have a look at this forum (www.autobody101.com/forums) and search for an answer. If nothing turns up then register and ask the question. They can probably offer more solutions than here. There's also other polishing and detailing forums out there that will go into a lot more depth (no pun intended) on the subject.

Oh yeah, PICS!!!!!!
mackaman64
Dorifto!

Post by mackaman64 »

try to sand in a criss cross # pattern if you haven`t done this in the primer stage and still have sanding marks there it will still show up through the top coat no matter how much you sand it.
hope that helps i`m not a pro at it but have done a few cars over the years
2 pack is the go now what a shine straight from the gun.
mackaman. :D