WTB: Handbrake cables

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Champaign
Big Dorifto

WTB: Handbrake cables

Post by Champaign »

Want to buy Handbrake cables for my JA Starion, will happily pay shipping. Got something in good condition (with springs in-tact), please let me know! :beer
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Hi,
I recently bought some handbrake cables to fix my JA. However, it was the left caliper that seized that was all the problem.
Double check that it's actually the cables that are shot by getting the cable released from the caliper(s) and pull to see if there is movement in the cable.

If the handbrake cable is definitely the problem, then I have a couple spare at $40 each plus post etc. Each unit is completely intact as per factory.

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Champaign
Big Dorifto

Post by Champaign »

Thanks for your quick reply JDSTAZ45,

The cable seems to be jammed inside itself, which was holding the handbrake on for quite some time, currently the caliper is moving freely. I had a mechanic look at it, and he says a new cable would sort it out.

I'm interested in purchasing both cables from you, I have the cash ready. Please PM me your PayPal details or however you would like payment

Much appreciated. :D
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I don't have time to check right now... But I'm pretty sure I've seen them for sale brand new, on ebay out of the US for a not horrendous price?
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

PM sent.
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
popup
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by popup »

ProZac wrote:I don't have time to check right now... But I'm pretty sure I've seen them for sale brand new, on ebay out of the US for a not horrendous price?
Thats what I did, Dormco brand or something.
1986 UK 2 litre intercooled narrow body