Widebody Parts

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
GormzZ
I love starions

Widebody Parts

Post by GormzZ »

Hey Guys.

Looking for in particular the right hand front guard, skinny long grille, nose cone, front bumper, rear bumper and air dam to suit a widebody starion. Might end up using my jb front bar with another airdam on the front but seeing if anyone in australia has some of the more integral parts.. Let us know guys if you or you know of someone who has these locally.. Would prefer local over getting them from america originally..

Daniel.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Interesting request :D

What about the bottom door sills/skirts and rear quarters??
It's hard enough to find a good JB bar let alone a widebody front end.
The only difference in the widey front end panels are the guards plus inners, side blinkers and the air dam.
The skinny nose grill is basically the same except there are no notches for the water squirters.
Obviously the suspension is widened by about 30mm through the control arms, radius rods, outer tie rod ends, steering knuckles and struts.

I believe Nxtime has a spare RH guard ($$) and there a couple of guys who have made fibreglass moulds out of the airdam...

Shipping is the killer for these parts as they are oversized for regular postage.

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:Interesting request :D

What about the bottom door sills/skirts and rear quarters??
It's hard enough to find a good JB bar let alone a widebody front end.
The only difference in the widey front end panels are the guards plus inners, side blinkers and the air dam.
The skinny nose grill is basically the same except there are no notches for the water squirters.
Obviously the suspension is widened by about 30mm through the control arms, radius rods, outer tie rod ends, steering knuckles and struts.

I believe Nxtime has a spare RH guard ($$) and there a couple of guys who have made fibreglass moulds out of the airdam...

Shipping is the killer for these parts as they are oversized for regular postage.

Gormz the cheeky bugger has scored the red euro spec that was crashed on the Gold Coast recently!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

redzone wrote: Gormz the cheeky bugger has scored the red euro spec that was crashed on the Gold Coast recently!
The only red euro spec widey Starion I know of is Anthony's ??
There was also a turquoise painted euro one that was originally red??
Any of the above??

I have a repaired original one piece air dam available! Was the airdam a one piece or 3 piece?? I have the 2 end pieces on the 3 piece.
The other parts are available on Yahoo Japan but you would need to get someone like Import Monster to bring them in...
I can't really see getting stuff from the US will be any cheaper as their local shipping to Port would be quite expensive...
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah i've picked up this widebody euro spec 1988 starion. any way i can get in contact with nxtime? also in regards to the grille can i use a normal jb/ja grille and just not connect a bulb or wiring for the indicators originally in it?

i guess ill have to look on yahoo japan.. but i know these parts will go cheap in america.. its just the cost of shipping them here which kills.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

also i am unsure of the previous owner of the vehicle.. yet to find it out. dave might know? if i can be put in touch with him to find out some history on this beast then that would be appreciated to.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

^^^

Having a look on photobucket, there are photos of an red euro spec starion.
The skinny grill has the squirters on, so any aussie grill will do the job. The side blinkers are Jap/euro spec stuff, which I believe I have a spare set of.
I definitely have a spare set of US ones which have the amber lense. The bulbs just don't get connected in that area as they located on the side of guard.
As mentioned before side blinkers are not the same as narrow body cars!

Just send Nxtime a PM to see whether he has the correct guard for you. I know he had to use one of his spare guards and the one damaged was very minor...

Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

mine looks exactly like that red widebody with the blanking plates for the grille where the indicators are usually in the normal aus spec starions.. so yeah that grille i could use of a normal one it would just have non functioning indicators in the grille as the indicators being used are the round ones in the guard, but yeah my round blinkers are perfectly fine. yeah very true mate. yeah i will give him a pm in regards to the guard as i only needed the drivers side widebody guard as the passengers hasn't got a scratch, fingers crossed his got the right guard to make my life easier lol.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I have a pair of the wb grille corners if you need them.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

how much you looking at man? still need the whole thing as its broken in the middle.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

PM sent :beer
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Mal this car was one we didn't know about, I saw it on the news one night as it was in the middle of a multi car pile up on the Gold Coast. It's a 2 Litre as well the lucky bastard.

Gormz found it at the damaged vehicle auctions.

I have no idea who the previous owner was, good luck finding out too!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

I can't find the Show & Go thread with all the pic's of this car... :x
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Thanks for the responses guys. Yet to find out previous owner.. But interesting to know how
how it actually happened. Will update my starion thread for you fugazi on what I've done to the old girl so far
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...