For Sale 1984 Series II JA

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

For Sale 1984 Series II JA

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Howdy all,

I'm listing my 1984 JA Starion in an effort to buy my old JB that Sonic is selling.

I bought this unit mainly to dabble with the prospect of putting a twincam in it.
The car was bought from Qld this time last year and I've have had it stored at my place with car cover. The car is red with the tan interior. 200K km's.
Car has an improvised watercooled turbo done pretty well. Motor looks like it has been rebuilt at some stage. Blows absolutely no smoke even after 10mins plus idling!

The goodies on the car is that it has 17in wheels with near new rubber. Standard wheels also supplied with good tread.
Fancy double din Sony stereo with amp mounted to the rear back seat. Currently in the process of replacing speaker shelves with black ones. (Old ones were cracked).
New sports exhaust fitted with custom dump.
Black sheepskin seat covers.
Side skirts.
Rear brakes including handbrake sorted.
Blue slip supplied to NSW buyer.

The bad points with the car is that the car was nudged by someone in the front RHS corner since I got it. Nothing major and corner blinker supplied.
Idles a little high when cold but settles down when warmed up.

Price $3000 for car and blue slip.
Twin cam extras $300 includes twin cam head and cover, VR4 inlet plus other VR4 bits and JB long nose crank bottom end.

A good project for someone who wants to go down this route of making a quick staz!

(driver's side switches now fixed)

:beer Mal 0416 254 145
Last edited by JDSTAZ45 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

Might have a buyer for this mate.

Will pass it on
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

For anyone looking to buy it, I was the one who drove it back from Brisbane for Mal. I can tell you it's one of the best long drives I'd had in a while.

I've done the same drive in a brand new corolla rental car and a holden cruze. The Starion was by far the nicest! Had more oopmh when overtaking, even in stock form, more comfortable than the corolla, and surprisingly it was more economical than the newer cars. The stereo system is really good too.

An unrelated side note:
The new cars were such a disappointment to me.. the corolla has horrible ergonomics and left me really tired and with sore legs after the drive, and the holden cruze suffers from build quality issues, electrical design flaws, and a gutless turbo engine. I can't believe people fork out so much money to buy rubbish just because it's new.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Bump for another Series II JA for sale :D
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
bulldogger
Lil' Dorifto

Post by bulldogger »

i bvuy it call 0426477844 have cash waiting
GasJA
I like starions

Post by GasJA »

thrash wrote: An unrelated side note:
The new cars were such a disappointment to me.. the corolla has horrible ergonomics and left me really tired and with sore legs after the drive, and the holden cruze suffers from build quality issues, electrical design flaws, and a gutless turbo engine. I can't believe people fork out so much money to buy rubbish just because it's new.
regarding comment
You're not wrong there.
When I have second thoughts about the car, after forking out for some repair, I just take it on a nice QUIET winding road with not much traffic, at a leisurely pace and just enjoy the car.
Moe to the Noojee road is such a nice quiet run. Noojee to Lilydale is a bit more of a motorcyclist skill/death-wish zone.

Good luck with the sale.
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..