Register Your Interest in the National Starion Meet

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

iXNAY wrote:i think its quicker to goto sydney then to QLD instead of canberra.
yeah i know... i was being sarcastic...
1985 JB Starion #157
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

dont worry about me i just re-read your post fuck how retarded am I!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

I'm in Brisbane, I'm ready to go south, Mid NSW is the best place for everyone. Lets try to keep the K's down. Most Starions are in Vic & NSW, there are a lot in QLD. If you average it out.... Number of cars v's location then the place on the map is around Bathurst or somewhere around there.
It needs to be a 4 day weekend, and we need a track to play on. That way it will make the trip worth while.
Sorry about WA but you guys are far away from everything!
:beer
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Well, if Bathurst is the go, check this out.

A four day event at the end of the year: 12 -16th December.

Mt Panorama is available for drive/sprint events.
2 days of driving then 2 of sprinting.

Three major hurdles I can see, firstly the event starts on a Wednesday, secondly, write off a week (but what a week hey!) and thirdly, entry for the event is likely to be more than many of our cars are worth.

Thought I'd throw is out there anyways, you never know!
Start saving $100 to $200 bucks every week and you'll make it....
http://www.drivebathurst.com/
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Actually it's five days, and most people from here are unlikely to go for something like Bathurst. It'd be bloody fantastic, but I think you can get better value for money than putting it towards that.

If I personally was going to spend that much money to enter an event, I'd throw it whole heartedly at a Targa Tasmania entry. But hey, that's just me.

Back on topic, if meeting in Bathurst, do what and go where?
Could still drive the roads, they'd have to be done at legal speeds and with other road users tho. :glare:

Semi-interest at this stage.
How?
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

im in newcastle, i would drive down to sydney or maybe up to brisbane for this national meet and anywhere in between (if it happens) granted my car is up to it.
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

keen to represent the West :D :D
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

On ya Nodster!

This thread has been quiet for a while... :o

Now it's like the slogan on some of our State's number plates....On the move!
How?
Neon_Crossing
I like starions

Post by Neon_Crossing »

So who is ready to step up and make this happen, im ready to meet up anywhere in this wide brown land, but then again im from adelaide so anywhere is better than here! (so much for state pride eh?) Should we set an ambitious date? How many numbers would make it worthwile?
2004 VYII Commodore Acclaim
1985 JB Starion Turbo
1976 GD Galant Sedan
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Life is getting a little easier.

Here's my 2 cents worth - Sydney. Why?

I live here so getting to see the appropriate people for venues, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs etc is easier plus I have a better feel for the geographics of it all.

Secondly, I think for a not too largish outlay we could get hold of E/Creek for 2 days - circuit, skidpan, drift pan + WSID is next door.

Thirdly I am a member of ARDC who run E/Creek so that may help a bit.

There are plenty of motels within 2 kays and access to E/creek is dead set easy being at the intersection of 2 motorways. There are venues for show/shine and cruises very close at hand - Blue Mountains, Penrith area etc come to mind.

I know no one location will suit everyone but we have to start somewhere hey. I am happy to step back in and start to get the ball rolling but would need assistance to manage some of the detail.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

In the US they all converge on a place thats kind of in the middle of everyone once a year. Seems to work well for them getting around 40 people each year.

Maybe work out somewhere thats in the middle of all the seriously interested people so the driving is shared between people.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Having been the president of a qld car club for 6 years and arranging many events, I might suggest a few steps to accomplishing the goal of a national meet:
Arrange a state based meet first, dicuss logistics and costs with state 'members'.
discuss and determine a date / destination for the national meet.
You could fund raise to subsidise fuel/travel/accomodation costs etc.
It might be safer and suitable for the majority, to have the meet as a cruise event rather than a competition based meeting where there are no added costs of entry fees and car repair - heaven forbit you blow something up some 1000klm's from home!
Give the whole process at least 12 months to come to fruition, so there is time for all to plan and save.
To be realistic it would probably be easier for most to attend if it occured over an extended national public holiday/holiday season, during a season with good weather and a central location for the majority.
Include lots of car driving, a display maybe, and of course time to sit and enjoy oneanothers company.
The first step might include registering Austarion as a not for profit car club and starting a bank account, electing executive members. This would not be easy and costs for public indemnity is is not cheap. (With out going into legal definitions if someone put their hand up to arrange a cruise and someone had an accident on that cruise. The organiser can be liable for costs). Something which I had to be very aware of when president for some 200 members and 15 events a year!
Anyway, it would be great to meet one day, some where.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Agreed but to get around liability part, I would suggest everyone entering the cruise signing a waiver of some kind. So that the organiser isn't liable at all. But I am definitely up for it.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Sorry for bringing up a old/dead thread. Ever possible again another national meet can be organized this year or next?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

GormzZ wrote:Sorry for bringing up a old/dead thread. Ever possible again another national meet can be organized this year or next?
Yeah... it's at the World Time Attack 2012 at Eastern Creek.... Didn't you get the invitation yet?
1985 JB Starion #157