Graveyard

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Graveyard

Post by WidebodyWoody »

This forum is full of viruses now, stuff doesn't work, and facebook is killing it :(
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Fully agree.

Need to find a developer that can use a Facebook API or create one that drags content out of Facebook at put it in the forum...

The forum is searchable and a great reference for data. Info gets lost in FB..

Thoughts?
1985 JB Starion #157
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I am happy to clean the forum up and upgrade it, just need access which I have asked for many many times, but they don't seem to want to improve the site :(
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

yeah i'm really disappointed actually.

Perhaps it is time to abandon austarion and copy the data across to a new domain that we have control over, given that decoy either doesn't have the time, or can't be arsed sorting the forum out, and also refuses to relinquish control to those who are willing and able to keep the forum from dying.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I have been asking for the big set of keys so I can organise the updating and streamlining of the forum. I am hoping he will relinquish them so this can happen. This is too good a resource to lose just because he lives OS. Please bear with me, I am hoping to get them....your pleas are not falling on deaf ears.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I even donated money from memory to help this stuff. If i need to, I will buy it off him :roll:
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yes, I know. That is why I have been asking Matt since that time so we could make it happen.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

YES !!! please don't let the forum die. It's a better system than FB that's for sure.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I don't understand what the issue is with Matt. He posts on FB, so it can't be an issue of time...

Will be a shame if this site goes downhill further and the valuable info goes with it.

This site was started when the original "bishiboys" site 'owner' had a hissy fit and deleted the whole forum.

We thought a of a few new names and "austarion.com" was born.
(My suggestion was "austarionz.com" so that our kiwi cousinz would feel more welcome ;) )
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Yeah I remember the bishiboys days. Man that makes me feel older now :(

Access is all I need. The hosting seems fine. It just needs a lot of TLC. TLC I am willing and able to do.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

We already lost years of valuable data when the old photo library got deleted and broke all the old photo links. That still pisses me off.

Photobucket is ok for now as we needed something, but it is high risk and we could loose the lot again if someone was that way inclined.
1985 JB Starion #157
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Yep. Lots of good pics gone...
My imageshack-pics has gone wacko since they altered the hosting and want me to pay for it.... kind of sucks. :cry:

It would be sad to see this site die. Too much good info about Starions here.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

I'm happy to chuck in a few bucks if that's what's needed.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yeah, just make a cheque out there me hoony for cash, I'll look after it from there :wink:

No need for more funds at the moment.
popup
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by popup »

I found dropbox a really good way to host photos, and you can host files like service manuals etc. I think this could be made so everyone has access to it by sharing a section/directory of it with members. Its also easy to upload them, just drag and drop them on your desktop or automatically via the smartphone app.

Perhaps a Euro/UK section too :)
1986 UK 2 litre intercooled narrow body