Member Introductions

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
bulldogger
Lil' Dorifto

Post by bulldogger »

hi im dave...........live at parramatta in nsw..........found this site and joined cause wanting to get back in to a starion and do a 2jz engine swap ive placed a wtb ad in the hope to find a starion ....ive had a heap of gh turbos,ja/jb starions,808's,gc galants i use to own 4U2NO a white la lancer 2.6 turbo.......my present ride is 96 aristo running a stock 2jz with mines ecu, twin td05/20g turbos,hypertune inlet,veilside twin exhaust,2way lsd,1.5 shift kit,3.2k stally etc

and thanks to the ppl who have replied to my ad :)
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

welcome! hope to see you at the next sydney cruise! parra maccas again anyone? ;)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
bulldogger
Lil' Dorifto

Post by bulldogger »

thanks for the welcome................ pending when it is
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Name : Daniel
Nick : GormzZ, Gormy
Car/s : 82/83 Maroon JA Starion (Project), 96' Honda Prelude H22 VTEC (Project), 93' Honda CB7 Accord (Daily)
Mods : Aftermarket Al Radiator, Relatively stock when bought.
Other : Am a apprentice ford technician by trade, its a bit odd to see me now own a mitsubishi as i've always been a honda/toyota/nissan person personally, can never get over the difference of hondas.. and then i love turbo 4's and 6's. Impulse buy saw me get this new starion of mine.. and to be honest i haven't regretted one moment yet! The starion seems to have high k's but i found out the other day in the owners manual that it has been basically rebuilt twice nearly! Meaning 70,000k's on the clock aint to bad and explains this great pickup! Anyway.. Have joined the website for help and aid as my knowledge for mitsu's isn't the greatest, so bare with me! :P. Hope to meet some fellow qld starion owners and eventually do a engine swap for a twin cam setup, so i will need all the help i can get :D.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

you bought that car from caloundra right?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

sunshine coast is as from as i know.. was a ebay buy lol. had a replacement turbo, head has been worked on a few times according to the back of the owners manual.. got a bit of high fill on drivers guard which im finishing of and has black bonnet and black boot.. why you know the owner personally? i need more info on it..

PM me if you would like. Also i noticed it seems like your the local qld fella to go to if i want some stuff for my starion ;)
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

do you know the previous owner of my car redzone? is he on this website? just want to confirm iff all the service history is correct.. but wouldn't mind talking about it regardless.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Search for posts by harty1065 on here, he is the guy u bought it from :)

I never got to see the car, my gf was considering buying it but we ended up buying spud's car as I did it up originally..

And yep any parts you need just let me know :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

righto thanks mate. see he had the issue it still has now of not starting on first turn over like it should.. yeah will be needing parts asap if im bringing this thing to life again.
Cla!re In The a!r
Newcomer

Post by Cla!re In The a!r »

Hey,

I'm new to the starion world.
Thanks to my boyfriend, I bought Spuds old car when my faithful excel gave up on life.
So now I have pretty blue ja, a car that can actually go up hills without dropping back to first!

Age: Old enough to avoid publishing that on an open forum...
Car: Ja... it's a pretty shade of blue..
Mods: Custom seat covers? <--- does that count?
Other: I'm getting really good at removing and reinstalling door trims to fix minor issues behind them!
Opinion Poll: Does anyone think carbon fibre print scoop and door handles will look a bit ostentatious on a dark blue/purple-ish starion? :P
-Claire
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

Welcome to Austarion, and congratulations on the forums first recorded use of the word "ostentatious". :D
jb - white outside maroon inside
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Re: Newbie

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Cla!re In The a!r wrote:
Opinion Poll: Does anyone think carbon fibre print scoop and door handles will look a bit ostentatious on a dark blue/purple-ish starion? :P
-Claire
I've seen the TURBO decal in the nostrills of the scoop that looked OK. I don't know about highlighting the whole scoop or side vents??
You can always look out for some original TURBO door handles that are pretty funky! Or place a small turbo decal on them!

Your user name is interesting! Kind of reminds me of 'Lucy in the sky (with diamonds)' ie., LSD! :P

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

You're showing your age Mal :D

Oh shit, that reminds me...driveshaft bolts!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

OH HAI CLAIRE how are you welcome to austarion :P

:D

Cla!re In The a!r
Newcomer

Re: Newbie

Post by Cla!re In The a!r »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:

Your user name is interesting! Kind of reminds me of 'Lucy in the sky (with diamonds)' ie., LSD! :P

:beer
hehe... but a bit less classy maybe... no lsd, just a standard diff and joint... :P