Member Introductions

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
mitstarion
[L] Plates

Post by mitstarion »

NAME: Kenneth
CAR: 83mod JA Starion
MODS: starting project for 6years ago :wtf: total rebuild.under carriage from an 87 starion from the US.
OTHER: need more money!!
Thanks for all the help! :pimp
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

NAME : Tammy

CAR: Hmm tough one ..see other posts, need help badly! About to POSSIBLY buy a mint gunmetal grey gsr111 [ i think ] but other options are killing the plan?!

OTHER: Have been watching my partner post on this site for a few years now. Should have joined ages ago but never owned my own Starion.
Became an absolute Starion addict after the first few months of meeting my partner.. fell in love with his one[ long gone now though unfortunatly] A dream to drive , that starion SPOKE to me!
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

Now rhe proud owner of my FIRST STARION
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

Name: Zoltán
Location Győr, Hungary
Car: Euro spec Starion Turbo, basic model
Mods: not much yet

Other: We don't see a lot of Starions over here, it's a very rare car, weren't avaliable new, and most of them got destroyed in accidents or just rust ate them.
Almost all the cars were imported in not too good condition or with crash damage but we try to save them, these cars deserve it!

We have a little Starion Club in Hungary with around 25 members and I think we don't have more than 50 or so working and registered Starions in the country.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Dont mess with the zoltan! what year is your car mate? and welcome to austarion :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

redzone wrote:Dont mess with the zoltan! what year is your car mate? and welcome to austarion :)
Thanks!
According to the papers it's 1985 but the VIN says 1983 :) More info: http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=12369
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i wonder if we'd have 50 left on the road in nsw? :S
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

thrash wrote:i wonder if we'd have 50 left on the road in nsw? :S
50 was a very optimistic guess from me, maybe too optimistic if I think about it.
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Name: Skip / Marcus
Car: JD
Mods: Wheels, Alpine head unit & splits, K&N air filter, partly busted/tired (but running) engine

Hi again. I don't know why I stopped coming to the site, but I guess I just got really busy with new(ish) job, some o/s travel, web design work in my 'spare time' and kind of forgot about it. Driving a boring Corolla at the moment, contemplating getting a 2001 or 2002 TJ Magna sports...nice cars. I thought about selling the JD, but just can't do it. I might get it back on the road this year. Still need to replace the doors because I can't be bothered fixing the rust.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Well welcome back anyway !
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

skip wrote:Name: Skip / Marcus
Car: JD
Mods: Wheels, Alpine head unit & splits, K&N air filter, partly busted/tired (but running) engine

I thought about selling the JD, but just can't do it. I might get it back on the road this year. Still need to replace the doors because I can't be bothered fixing the rust.
A freshly painted white JD with black interior is a cool car (same as my old one). This car repaired could easily be a daily driver! A TJ Magna AWD is a superb daily driver!! My partner has got one and she loves it!! I drive the TJ Magna Ralliart with the bells and whistles. You can pick a good one up for 10-12K. I recommend the semi-auto as the manual is a little twitchy with the power on the front hoops...
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Out of the 11 years I've had the JD, I've probably driven it on a daily basis for 7 or 8 of them. I haven't even started it for the last year or so. :? I need to remedy this.

The TJ I'm looking at would make a wonderful daily car. Unfortunately it's a FWD. It's the manual, but I'm comfortable with that having gone for a test drive in my mate's the other day. Only problems with the one I'm looking at are (a) it's over 1000km away from here and (b) the dude has put a NOS kit in it so I'm worried that it's thrashed. And because of (a) I'm unlikely to get a chance to look at it in person. I'll definitely get a mechanic to look at it. There's plenty in Adelaide, but not many of the sports or VRX...and what's there is overpriced compared to the eastern states. Hmmm...
Patty
Newcomer

Post by Patty »

NAME: Patrick
CAR: silver 83 ja starion, bought as project car, my first starion
has not been on road for 3 years runs well, paint needs attention
MODS:got to get it on road first
OTHER:...what more is their to know im Patrick and im a starion'oholic
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

Name: Aaron
Job: Sales Rep, Burson AutoParts Parramatta (will do discounts for members)
Car: JB Starion with JA Bonnet, LSD & Deleated Boot Wing
Mods: Currently has Haltech interceptor, aftermarket turbo.
Plans: Stage 1 goal is to run consistant 11's with SOHC motor. Drive to the track, bolt the slicks on, race, drive home. Stage 2 = Go for 9's.
Other: I'm the Cheif/Senior Steward for ANDRA in NSW, so I live for Drag Racing!
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

oooh i drive past that burson place a couple of times a week :)

might pay you a visit some time :beer
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol