DRIFT Starion info thread - Calling all DRIFT Starions

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.

Should Starions be driven in a straight line, or sideways?

Yes, sideways!
57%
Nope, keep it gripping!
43%

Total votes: 23

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Yeah for some reason the americans seem to not know what a scandinavian flick is, all i see are boring handbrake entries and power out bakage, seems to be all they judge on.

Also one of the most impressive things for me are super fast transitions, another thing that's sorely lacking in the american scene..

Plus the uber biased judging pisses me off... Such a shame we get rammed with usa coverage and no japanese stuff over here unless u get option video or go online and hunt.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Yeh melbourne doesn't have much variety at all in cars - it's pretty much ALL Nissans, with an occassional toyota. That's why I love using the Starion :D Although half the people don't know what it is, and I've often been asked if it's a Cordia haha
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

jwebb2876 wrote:CIG locker= welded centre
CIGWELD being the name of a common brand of stick welder, lol
LOL, i can't believe you actually explained it hahaha.. :P. I'm only aware of mig welders tbh.... :roll:

yeah i give props to local drifting for the awesome transitions and people such as link fink with their crazy drifting skills... only thing i like about the american drift scene is the popularity of it as a whole and the fact you never see the same car more then 5 times at a big event or track day (usually). Just variety i guess was all i was getting at, but yeah definitely a better more appealing approach to drifting from the australian/japan drifting scene imo.

Speaking of which im fairly sure the ADGP is coming up soon, anyone else see the truck load of drift cars coming from WA to Victoria i believe for ADGP?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Yep ADGP in Melbourne at Calder Park this weekend! We'll have a car there (under LOKOUT Drift which is my drift stuff for those who don't know) so should be fun! Not a Starion this time but it's a car we built with a young guy that's a great driver! If you're watching it on TV at all, keep an eye out for a silver R33 with big LOKOUT drift stickers on it :)

(I know - it's a Skyline- but we can't let everyone have Starions :wink: )

1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

ahh awesome! good work on qualifying to mate! bet tommorrow is going to be a good day for ya's :D.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Went well - he got top 8 in private class then got battled out- gear lever started popping out so he missed a gear on a crucial crossover and just dipped in the grass. Ah well, excellent result still, and we'll be putting new retainer clips in for that gear lever!

Only small damage to car (wrecked exhaust pipe an small dent in rear) from the open expression session at the end. He was headed straight to a barrier at speed, and fortunately had the presence of mind to yank the handbrake an spin it round so the back hit it, not the front. Easy fix, I'll be putting a new exhaust on it and doing a bit of panel beating next weekend, so won't really cost much to fix.

Next few weeks I'm onto doing more on my Starion drifter again :)

TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Lokout? do you ave a website?
1985 JB Starion #157
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Only on Facebook but will hopefully make one soon. Facebook is the easiest way to post our updates directly from events etc tho :)

It is:
http://www.facebook.com/lokoutdrift

Feel free to send a friend request to see all the photos and updates etc, and just shoot me a message with what your Austarion username is when u do so I know who each person is. Sorry to those who don't have Facebook :( I haven't found an easy alternative yet.

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

niss720 wrote:Yea I would recommend you get an LSD. Mine still has a welded center and it's making horrible noises. I have a welded center and an open center that i swap between for road and drift but its heavy and a pain in the ass so i cant be bothered swapping it back. I just picked up an LSD now and I'm going to put that in to save the effort, trust me its worth it.

More on this later :D
your recommendation has been undertaken! got one coming soon.. can't wait to put the old girl in.. so close to getting this car its first real drift session.. aiming for 3 - 6 mths to take her out for one. hows yours coming along anyway niss720? keen to see some starions in aus getting on the track sliding.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

This is awesome- you guys might both have your cars fully ready before my new drifter is finished haha. I better get my butt into gear!

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

haha yeah.. but yours will be alot better set-up wise then mine at least! mine is basically going to be a near stocker with a lsd and see what it can do with some second hand tyres on the rear.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

Anyone else going to matsuri at QR in October?
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

i'll be going to matsuri at queensland raceway later this year hopefully...
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

What are people running in the department of handbrakes? pictures if you got any also!!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Got my LSD setup just the friday went past.. thanks spinners for the effort you went to get it sent over here!

Hope to have it fitted up soon and take the old girl for a spin with the new setup.. got torque tube, axles and small lsd all to go in once i've cleaned them all out and sealed up etc.

How is other drift starions progressing?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...