Country/landscape/homes etc.

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Country/landscape/homes etc.

Post by fugazi »

I recalled a post about countryside/lanscapes when I was on the road to a customer this morning:
http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... 002#136002
WANTSOM wrote:...I love reading/seeing things from stateside especially with background shots showing a little of the country/landscape/homes etc. Gives us a bit of insight into your lifestyle and way of living which is edumacational and opens our eyes to different cultures.

Cheers mate :beer
Greg
So... here's a (mobilephone-) pic from around lunchtime today (-8ºC):
Started at 07:00 from home with -17ºC halfway!
Sunshine ALL day!

\\Magnus :beer
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Wow. Dunno how you guys can live in so much snow. But it looks nice :)
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

Never mind the snow... -17º!!!
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Beautiful Magnus :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
palmystar
Dorifto!

Post by palmystar »

It must be hard to get up in the morning with temperatures that low. It would be for me anyway. Lovely countryside. the snow must make for some fun driving.

Some pics taken from where i currently live.

If its not broken. Don't fix it
fugazi
Enthusiast

Roadtrip

Post by fugazi »

On a trip to Umeå this summer, I took som pic's!
Started of at 10pm from Stockholm.
Total of 750km...
This is at an old airstrip (Barkarby, nearby our home):
And some good music!

Mosquitos,fly's and bugs...
This was at a pitstop 1/4 way!

Approaching the Highcoast-bridge (2:45am)
Total lengt:1867m (span1210m)
Widht:17,8m
Height:187m!!!
Sunrise, time to put on the sunglases! (4:00am!)

Part 2 when/if I find the pic's!
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

..I want to go to there
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Awesome. I love to take sunset pics, I wonder where I saved all of them.

Let's see if these work:
Top of Seattle Space Needle

Falls at Silver Creek

Just outside my hometown

I didn't take the following pics, but I'll post them since I can't find my others.
Cruising to Vegas

Sunrise to Vegas

Leaving Nevada

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Hmmm, found a couple more...

Golden Gate

Golden Gate

Sunset in Manila... TONS of smog

Driving home one day, I spotted this car in my rear view closing in fast...

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

it's funny, america actually has a lot of prime quality landscape, but when us outsiders think about it, mostly the thoughts are towards NY and LA.. skyscrapers, beaches and implants.. the closest we ever get to thinking about the landscape is the grand canyon..

and on that note, there isn't much scenery close to my place, but this is the view from one of my old workplaces.. apologies, it's a phone shot, so the quality doesn't do the scenery justice. you can't see the water sparkle the way it does when you're there on a sunny morning..

quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

-17 that global warmings a bitch aint it.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

The beach near my house. Lovely.

Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

hoonie, thats whats Fugazi's place will look like next year when Julia Gillards climate change kicks in. Oh no actually it wont because whe will be introducing a carbon tax to fix the worlds temperature. Thanks god, i was really worried there for a moment.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Vulpes wrote:-17 that global warmings a bitch aint it.
Yep! LOL
But... -17 is not realy that cold, well for november it is, but in late january or mid february it will go down a bit... say 10 more?

Actually this november has been the coldest since 1965!
Normal? Yes I would say so...
And the summer was realy warm... the reason for me to go erlier on this roadtrip to Umeå was the +36º (july 11)!!!
Vulpes wrote:hoonie, thats whats fugazi's place will look like next year when Julia Gillards climate change kicks in. Oh no actually it wont because whe will be introducing a carbon tax to fix the worlds temperature. Thanks god, i was really worried there for a moment.
I will post a pic of what MY place looks like in the summer.... when I find it! :D
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Vulpes wrote:-17 that global warmings a bitch aint it.
the term 'global warming' is a bit decieving.. because only the parts closer to the equator get much warmer.. the areas close to the poles actually get much colder. They choose the term 'warming' because overall the average temperature of the world is theoretically meant to go up by a couple of degrees..

but the biggest and most problematic change isn't the global warming average temperature bit.. it's the fact that the extreme temperatures become much more common and also grow further apart.

And.. as far as Julia Gillard is concerned, Australia should be fairly worried, because in the worst case scenario, most of the world outside of the tropics will freeze up and remain in subzero temperatures throughout the year, and so most of Australia becomes unhospital.. unless of course you enjoy living in Antarctica or Alaska..

if you've ever admired the aquatic life off the coast of SA, then consider that all of these species will either die off or move far up north, because the current that carries warm water from northern Australia down to the south will no longer exist. The southern coast will become cold and you will get cold water fish and the like instead of the colourful variety that flourishes there now.

Mind you, however, the major debate is not whether global warming is happening or not - it's already here. The debate is more about whether we are causing it or if it's just a natural part of the Earth's changing climate - e.g. this century the world's average temperature is around the 12-13 degrees celcius mark. During the cretaceous period, it was more than double that, and before that it was even higher.. So, is this climb in temparature a natural phenomena or caused by our excessive consumption and polution? That's the debate..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol