Resale values

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
GasJA
I like starions

Resale values

Post by GasJA »

As Redzone and others have pointed out the Starion has recently featured on the Shannons website.
I signed up on their website and would encourage others to do the same.

This is raising awareness of the model in the year 2014. About bloody time, I hear you say.
Now the profile has been raised, it is our duty, as penniless Starion owners, to go forth - get these cars on the road and attend these Show and Shine events.

Coming up on the 30th of March at Flemington racecourse is exactly the type of event that Starion owners should attend.
These are the type of events attended by collectors, the concours crowd and the like.
Would be great if we could get a JA, JB and JD to attend. Plus the widey's and imported models.

RACV-AOMC Classic Showcase 2014 and Japanese Motoring Show
Open to all vehicles manufactured in England & Europe and for the first time Japanese Classics are invited.
http://www.aomc.asn.au/B&Eshow14.htm
http://www.ozshowcars.com/csviracvcsc.htm
I have also posted this on the Picnic at Hanging Rock thread on the Cruises forum.

You know it makes sense.
Alspos is your PM working?
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

If only it was in NSW.
niss720
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by niss720 »

I'm doing my part in SA, today we attended The All Japan Day in Glenelg and turned some Heads, was interesting seeing how most people had no idea what it was and the older blokes knew about them, I'd like to get it out to a few hill climb events soon too aswell as the Adelaide Targa If I can get some sponsors. will be good to see more starions at these sorts of events
Parting Blue JA Starion

Mercedes W126 420sel
Blue JA Starion (parting)
Silver JA Starion, 45000kms, coilovers
4G63 VR4 cordia
GasJA
I like starions

Post by GasJA »

IMO
Best car shows to attend are the ones with lots of boring old people who arrive early, sit under a marquee all day and are the last to leave. I would fit in the old boring category myself, I should add. Events that attract lots of families and kids are also good.
Classic sportscar events and hillclimbs would also be good to attend.

Shows that are best avoided are the modified, dyno shootout, mega sound system, big wheels, and bling events.
The crowd in attendance want to spend money on mods - not on your car.
Not a chance that resale values will rise, after attending these events.
By all means attend if that is what you like, but be aware that serious collectors avoid these events like the plague.

The classic Japan events are also good, and there is a good friendly atmosphere. The Starion always draws interest as it was slold in low volumes and was a highly visible motorsport participant in the 80's.

The one brand shows always have many entrants who have upgraded engines, or specifications on their cars to higher spec levels. The number of XY Falcon GT's is growing!
Others have updated their cars to modern fuel injection setups.
The original "survivor cars" are welcome at many one brand car events and even have their own "survivor class" trophy.

But as always, the value for serious collectors is in low mileage, unmodified cars, with matching numbers. Others on this forum would be aware of the value of cars with a documented, race history.
IMO
4G63 hard to live with
hard to live without..