Won't idle correctly

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
sirusdash
Big Dorifto

Post by sirusdash »

the diagnosis plug on my GSR-V is next to the Coil, round plug with a blank in it. mine was hiding with the main cables that tucked away going thru the side, where it comes out by the relays. Can't remember the colours but one's earth, the other is ECU codes, and the last is Oxy sensor.
LeifGrouttzof
****WELCOME TO AUSTARION!****

Post by LeifGrouttzof »

Is this it? Has a black wire and a blue/yellow wire.

I have a wiring diagram for a JD but not sure if it's a direct crossover as it's been right about the wiring to the idle stepper motor but it's saying the wires to the diagnosis plug should be a black/red and the other is an earth not sure what colour. I'll post it up soon I need to re scan it as it's not very clear
sirusdash
Big Dorifto

Post by sirusdash »

Looks like it, I'll double check mine and my wiring diagram also. I find that the colours don't always match up.
sirusdash
Big Dorifto

Post by sirusdash »

Yip, that's the right plug. mines got three wires, but some have just two. the Blue/yellow wire is from the ECU.

Cheers
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

Just need to make one of these:

LeifGrouttzof

Post by LeifGrouttzof »

I used a led test light and it's flashing a lot. Are the codes for a Sirius dash head on here? I can only find one post mentioning them being binary codes but no list of them
sirusdash
Big Dorifto

Post by sirusdash »

i Have the codes email me if you like and I can send them to you
LeifGrouttzof

Post by LeifGrouttzof »

I disconnected the battery today to wipe the codes. I let it idle for about 15min which it did fine. The cold start idle up worked and then dropped slowly as it should. So I checked for any codes, it only had one which it kept repeating.
____---_--_-_-_-_-____
The spaces are seconds it was on/off. Up is when my led was on. I'm gonna guess and say this might be the O2 sensor as I've heard they will always show this until the car has warmed up. So I took it for a drive and it was fine for about 5min. Then it started idling like crap. It was either really low and I'm sure it was rich cause I could smell it or it was at 1000rpm and then jump up too 2000rpm and just drop back down and repeat.

So I read the codes again. I still had the first one but I also had another.
___----_--_-_--_-_-___ and then the other code would flash.

Anyone have any ideas?
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

One pulse is Oxy.....but this won't clear even after driving, you will need to hold the throttle open.

Two pulses is ignition sensor......make sure the negative contact from the coil is clean for the ECU to pick it up.

Three pulses is the AFM......make sure you have NO air leaks between the AFM and the inlet manifold, this will cause the engine to run rich.
LeifGrouttzof

Post by LeifGrouttzof »

Why are there two seperate series of pulses then? I would've figure two seperate codes. Especially since I didn't have the second series until after I've driven it.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

Count the led flashes, depending on error count doesn't mean it's in series.
LeifGrouttzof

Post by LeifGrouttzof »

I'm confused. Is there a way I can put a video on here because I have recorded the pulses to make it easier for me to count.
Neil
Big Dorifto

Post by Neil »

Whack it on YouTube and post a link ?
1987 JD Starion
LeifGrouttzof

Post by LeifGrouttzof »

This is why I think there are two different codes. http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=binary
This guy seems to be getting similar codes but I have no idea how to interpret them.
popup
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by popup »

I have looked at that post and it would seem you have 10000 and 10100,

How that translates to the decimal number I'm not sure as I can't work out the coding from that post. I would think it would be weighted 1,2,4,8,16 which would make your codes Code 1 and Code 5.

Can you try unplugging a sensor, run it for a while and check the codes again? You should get a code for that sensor, this way you can confirm if the codes are being read correctly?
1986 UK 2 litre intercooled narrow body