Leaky Injectors

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
StarionJD
[P] Plater austaz

Leaky Injectors

Post by StarionJD »

Recently I had my leaky injectors 'fixed'. The mechanic did have some trouble with the rubber rings.

Is there a kit of O rings that is available? If so any part number available?
Or at least an ebay seller name or any other source.

Are the leaky injectors actually fixable? Or is the only solution a new set of injectors. Car is factory standard. Any info appreciated.

StarionJD
Jako
T-man
I like starions

Post by T-man »

There is a kit, it's like all of the gaskets needed to re build the fueling side of things, however when I bought my set which was many moons ago it was the last set here in the UK. It was a genuine Mitsubishi set. Am not sure if there's an after market set you can buy. These guys on here will point you in the right direction.

T
Theres only two people that can stop a run away bus, and am both of them.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I have a load of genuine mitsu o ring kits for the type b injection (jb jd) so send me a pm if you want one :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

Are you sure it's on o-ring that's leaking? Could be the injector itself.

From my experience, when o-rings leak, they leak good and proper, spurting fuel everywhere.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

They have different symptoms. Injector internal leak, car runs like shit and blows oodles of black smoke. Leaky o-ring leaks fuel everywhere.
StarionJD
[P] Plater austaz

Post by StarionJD »

Alspos wrote:They have different symptoms. Injector internal leak, car runs like shit and blows oodles of black smoke. Leaky o-ring leaks fuel everywhere.
Car goes soooo much better after having water, oil and fuel leaks mostly fixed, but it now sometimes blows black smoke at idle until it warms up. The boost gauge does not work until it warms up and then black smoke stops when the boost gauge works.

Previously I found a pesky tube on the manifold which kept falling off to be the cause of the black smoke. Still looking this time.
Jako
StarionJD
[P] Plater austaz

Post by StarionJD »

redzone wrote:I have a load of genuine mitsu o ring kits for the type b injection (jb jd) so send me a pm if you want one :)
pm sent
Jako