Wheel Offset Guide

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Second ones won't fit, first ones the fronts wil fit perfect but the rears will sit out the rear guards by quite a long way. If u could get a set of the 8.5 10mm's all round it'd be perfect..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

so running a 9" +10 on the rear couldn't be pulled off? i dont mind rolling guards.. im just trying to get as close as possible without spacers.. hence i thought 8.5 - 9.5 all round with a offset between -5 to +25 would be the go for perfect fitment.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

So that staggered set up would suit a widey in 5 stud then? Not bad wheels for the price of those Rota's!!
I'm sure the 8.5's with the +10 offset are fine but the 9.5's with -5 should be fine without any guard rolling??

The SHP 9in rim has 0 offset, so assume there's a further .5in plus 5mm = approx 17mm sticking out! Mmmm??
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:So that staggered set up would suit a widey in 5 stud then? Not bad wheels for the price of those Rota's!!
I'm sure the 8.5's with the +10 offset are fine but the 9.5's with -5 should be fine without any guard rolling??

The SHP 9in rim has 0 offset, so assume there's a further .5in plus 5mm = approx 17mm sticking out! Mmmm??
is that bolded sentence in regards to widey's only? i thought rolled guards and 205's on that wheel could be just poking a tad on a flatty? e.g to me phat fitment! :p
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I;m running 9's all round with 0 offset. I had to roll the guards both front and rear, and the fronts are very very close to the struts. The rears have heaps of room inwards, but not alot outwards.

If I was buying wheels again I'd nab those rota RKR's in a flash, they'd look fucking awesome. Going to do a five stud swap eventually anyway... Hmmmm, maybe I could just.....
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:So that staggered set up would suit a widey in 5 stud then? Not bad wheels for the price of those Rota's!!

yeah the rears would fit fine on a widey and the fronts too, they should sit relatively evenly in the arches too.

i'm sure i've seen even more gangster versions of these rims too, wider widths...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

CaptShiner
Dorifto!

Post by CaptShiner »

Found something when trolling the world wide web that may be of interest to people in relation to changing offsets stud patterns etc.

http://www.msfracingcomponents.com.au/home/

I contacted them and they indicated they can make some to suit - haven't found out the cost yet - probably obscene, but I guess I will find out in due course.

Just provides a legally acceptable way to change offset (if your RTA allows increase in track which in qld we have 26mm), instead of using a spacer.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I reckon 8.5" with a +10 offset would be too far inside the guards on the front a widey, they'd look a bit silly.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

redzone wrote:Second ones won't fit, first ones the fronts wil fit perfect but the rears will sit out the rear guards by quite a long way. If u could get a set of the 8.5 10mm's all round it'd be perfect..
regarding that second set of wheels i posted up redzone.. there starting to grow on me.. i do like both and the best i can get for the first link of the rota rbx's or whatever is 8.5" + 10 on front and 9.5" -5 on the rear... could i get away with 205's on the rear so its stretched and will only just poke outside the guard a tiny bit? guards will be rolled keep in mind..

now regarding the rota p45r's which are like 9" all round and a offset of +12 or what not.. they should be fine on rear and maybe poke on front correct? they are 4x114.3.. those pictures mislead to people to think their 5 stud but their not. if i wanted to run a p45 with a 9"rim all round what offsets would i need for front and rear? i've tried using the offset calculator but im having head spins rofl just need a straight up answer lol.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

9" rim, in +12 will be very very close to your struts, If you're not running coil-overs, I don't like your chances.

Also, I don't think they'll poke outside the guards, my 9" rims with a 0 offset are within the guards.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

well what i could do is run the +12 offset and put a "small" spacer so it doesn't hit the strut? and yeah this will be on coilovers also.. could that pull it off maybe?

and regarding the poke.. was with the -5 offset on those 9.5" rpx's for the rear of my stazz i posted on page 4..
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Oooooh, i see. Yeah, a 9.5" with a -5 offset would certainly be outside the guards a bit. Not unmanageable though I don't think, with a bit of guard roller and pulling action.

I'm going to run a 15mm spacer on my 9" rims, effectively making them 9" -15 offset. They'll be a bit outside the factory guards, but as they're only 15" diameter, and I'm running 225/50/15 tyres, there is a little bit of stretching going on that helps keep the tread under the arch.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

CaptShiner wrote:Found something when trolling the world wide web that may be of interest to people in relation to changing offsets stud patterns etc.

http://www.msfracingcomponents.com.au/home/

I contacted them and they indicated they can make some to suit - haven't found out the cost yet - probably obscene, but I guess I will find out in due course.

Just provides a legally acceptable way to change offset (if your RTA allows increase in track which in qld we have 26mm), instead of using a spacer.
Good find CaptShiner! Gets the mind going... :D
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

ProZac wrote:Oooooh, i see. Yeah, a 9.5" with a -5 offset would certainly be outside the guards a bit. Not unmanageable though I don't think, with a bit of guard roller and pulling action.

I'm going to run a 15mm spacer on my 9" rims, effectively making them 9" -15 offset. They'll be a bit outside the factory guards, but as they're only 15" diameter, and I'm running 225/50/15 tyres, there is a little bit of stretching going on that helps keep the tread under the arch.
yeah i wouldn't say much? touch stances these days are either borderline or just over.. with rolled guards and a slight pump or as you said pulling action and it should be spot on.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I have personal experience of 18X8.5 +12's on the front of a narrowbody, they juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust cleared the front struts with cut spring perches, 9's are a definite NO GO on the front. 17's will have slightly less clearance in the same offset, due to the front strut being angled.

if you want drifteks like those second ones then you have to run spacers which are gay and illegal.

the rbx 8.5's should fit, you can contact the seller direct and get them to put together a set of 8.5 +10's all round and get rid of the 9.5 idea.. then you will have wheels that fit

and 9" +10 would fit also if they make em. 10" +12 fits with cut perches too.