Wheel Offset Guide

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

Well, new brake setup = new wheels required.

The fronts I can work out, the rears will be the hard part. Tyres will still be 26 x 8.5's, but need to go something that will clear the 4 pot rears.

15x8.33 wide, 3.50" b/s, -29mm
15x8.33 wide, 4.5" b/s, -3mm
15x8 wide, 5.5" b/s, +22mm

I'm thinking the middle ones will be the best fit.
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

Tomsun,

To complete the 19" wheel package on the first page.
Tyres are:
215/35/19 Front
245/30/19 Rear
Wheels are +12 offset front and rear not +6 as listed (my fuck up).
Comments: With stretched tyres and 2 inches of pumping, rolling and cutting the rear wheels just fit. Fronts need rolled guards to lower and are close to coil over adjusters but clear by about 4mm. D2's may be different though.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Re: Wheel Offset Guide

Post by TOMSUN »

Updated the first post of this *favourite* thread :thumbup:
1985 JB Starion #157
popup
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by popup »

Finding alloys with the low offset seems pretty hard, seems getting close to 0 is about right looking back at the whole thread. I wanted 17s as the tyre choice is much greater than 16s and 18s seem to be mostly 9"+wide. So found these, wantanabe look alikes.

https://www.driftworks.com/japan-racing ... ronze.html

Any thoughts on how they would look on a narrow body? Thinking of running 235/45/17. Anyone got photos of a narrow body with these sort of things?

Or what to people do if they have to run spacers? How does it work as the wheel studs would be too short? :eh:
1986 UK 2 litre intercooled narrow body
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

popup wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:48 pm Finding alloys with the low offset seems pretty hard, seems getting close to 0 is about right looking back at the whole thread. I wanted 17s as the tyre choice is much greater than 16s and 18s seem to be mostly 9"+wide. So found these, wantanabe look alikes.

https://www.driftworks.com/japan-racing ... ronze.html

Any thoughts on how they would look on a narrow body? Thinking of running 235/45/17. Anyone got photos of a narrow body with these sort of things?

Or what to people do if they have to run spacers? How does it work as the wheel studs would be too short? :eh:
You'd need spacers with wheel studs in them and bolt the spacer to the existing hub.