Sirius dash head

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
benno91
[L] Plates

Sirius dash head

Post by benno91 »

I have a 1986 GSR-V Starion with a G63b and a Sirius Dash head. I've rebuilt the engine and cannot remember how the oil pump which provides oil pressure to the 2nd intake valve goes back together. I have tried a few different ways but am not sure how it goes exactly and dont want to break it. Any help would be much apreciated.
sirusdash
Big Dorifto

Post by sirusdash »

I have the same model, I might be able to help as I have stripped my down before. I wil be going off memory :D
benno91
[L] Plates

Post by benno91 »

Ok i can email you the pics or text them to you of what needs assembling. thanks
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

these pics may help?

ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
benno91
[L] Plates

Post by benno91 »

Thats the one! I know how it goes on, its the internals that I can't work out.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

yeah I don't have pics for that I'm afraid, and I'm not anywhere close to my engine or my spare DASH head to find out. Basically there is a plunger/piston which gets actuated by a pushrod which follows a lobe on the end of the camshaft.

Have you got pics of the bits all apart?
ImageImage
benno91
[L] Plates

Post by benno91 »

Yeah I agree it's a smaller spring and some other stuff that I don't understand but for some reason I cant upload pic's.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Yeah you will need to host them on photobucket or similar then post the link in your reply as the upload a pic function on here doesnt work anymore...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
benno91
[L] Plates

Post by benno91 »

I've got the pictures

I know for sure that the silver cylinder in the second photo is the bit that moves with the cam and sits in the hole in the head which you can see in the first photo.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

oh wow I don't remember that many parts haha - you also appear to be missing the gasket go between the upper and lower sections?
ImageImage
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

If all else fails, try getting in contact with Buckley St Autos here in Sydney, ph (02) 9557 1142.
The guy there John has rebuilt plenty of these Dash engines in the past, so he may be able to assist. Just mention that Mal referred you from this Starion site and you are based a long way away in Perth!

Perhaps you can send him the photos and he can possibly advise?

:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
benno91
[L] Plates

Post by benno91 »

Thanks I didn't realize it didnt have a gasket, I can always make one up I guess. From what I can work out the washer goes on the top and locates the spring then the piston goes in and moves with the cam follower/actuator, then at roughly 2500 rpms or what ever the solenoid opens which lets oil pressure go to the rockers pushing down on the 2nd intake valve. The other spring seems to long to fit and I don't know what the other thing is, maybe its from the place I got my engine machined.
benno91
[L] Plates

Post by benno91 »

I've got the engine running now but i'm getting a lot of rattling in the head. Just wondering if anyone agrees with the way i've put the pump together and if anyone knows the valve clearence gaps for this head?