Fueling?

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
T-man
I like starions

Fueling?

Post by T-man »

Im in the middle of doing the twin cam convertion and the subject is well covered on this forum. My question is do I need to upgrade/uprate the fueling system, like uprating the fuel pump or using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks in advance,
T-man
Theres only two people that can stop a run away bus, and am both of them.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Bosch 984 pump is an easy bolt in upgrade
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Whatever you do... DO NOT PUT AN ADJUSTABLE REG on it... with its another variable in the turn that is an aspro cure. :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
T-man
I like starions

Post by T-man »

Redzone. From memory isn't the starion fuel pump a in tank fuel pump? Also have you recived the email I sent you regarding the rear crank shaft oil seal?

Starion vr4. What do you mean? Not to fit a FPR I thought it would have been a good idea to slightly raise the fuel Preasure? Please correct me if am wrong.

Cheers,
T-man
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

T-man wrote: Starion vr4. What do you mean? Not to fit a FPR I thought it would have been a good idea to slightly raise the fuel Preasure? Please correct me if am wrong.

Cheers,
T-man
A STD Starion FPR is a 1:1 ratio... meaning if you increase boost 5PSI the Fuel Reg also increases fuel pressure by 5PSI.... 10PSI Boost=10PSI fuel Pressure rise.

A Massiport Rising rate Reg can increase FP by 1:1.5-3:1.... Meaning for 5PSI Boost = 7-9PSI FP increase... 10PSI Boost = 15-20PSI FP increase.

This makes tuning difficult as the fuel Pressure isn't linnier, or constant. I have wasted countless hours tuning engines because of a rising rate Reg.

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Starion fuel pump suits on top of the tank..

I received one pm about the oil seal carrier & replied to it?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
T-man
I like starions

Post by T-man »

Doh! I'm a dumbass! Didn't see the ultra small notice at the top of the page saying that there's a message.

My bad,
T-man
rodney007
I love starions

Post by rodney007 »

Im running a stock starion fuel pump and seems to be ok for now during break-in. getting a 500 HP one in few weeks tho
Starion VR4 wrote:Whatever you do... DO NOT PUT AN ADJUSTABLE REG on it... with its another variable in the turn that is an aspro cure. :beer
My adj reg is fine ??????