Post by Starion VR4 »

Sorry for the late reply... what Ver wolf are U using? V4? I assume..... :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

welcome back!

yeap, v4 :)

btw, do you have a stroker, different comp pistons, or a standard vr4? Any chance I could get a copy of your ign and fuel maps? pretty please? :D
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Derek has a 64 TC in his car not a stroker
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Hey Trash.. ok yes do have a MAP, but with no boost as didn't have a turbo on when I was running it... so really its of no use to you..

OK>>> Wolf V4

Look on your hand controller or Laptop Software... what does the SIGNAL ERROR COUNT say? does it stay constant & then when the trouble starts does the count go up?

What power did U run to the OPTICAL DIZZY? 5V from the wolf or 12V? :beer

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

hey mate, actually the map will still help, as I wanted to use it to compare cold start and cold idle parameters :)

at the moment, i have other dramas - the car won't even start. I don't think it's getting any fuel, so am sussing this out first. Once the car starts, I will let you know about the signal error count

as far as whether it is running from +12v or +5v, i can't tell - i don't know what the numbering order is for the pins on the ecu main connector.

However, I can tell you that, unless I've traced it back wrong, it looks like it is going to the 5th pin from the right, at the bottom of the connector. Assuming pins 1 to 36 are from left to right, top to bottom, that would be the ignition 1 output, so either my assumption is wrong, or i've traced it wrong
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

correction - it looks like it miht be going to the 7th pin from the right, at the bottom of the main connector, so this would be +5v

Also, As soon as I turn the ignition to the on position and the hand controller lights up, before starting the enigne, the load syas 40% - is that right? It's using the internal map sensor
quest wrote:
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

thrash wrote:correction - it looks like it miht be going to the 7th pin from the right, at the bottom of the main connector, so this would be +5v

Also, As soon as I turn the ignition to the on position and the hand controller lights up, before starting the enigne, the load syas 40% - is that right? It's using the internal map sensor
Ok the CAS need 8V+ for a start... they live happily with 12V+ as well so fix that first.

Load at 40% yes this is correct as that is atmospheric pressure with the engine stopped.

As for Fuel pump

1) in settings in the WOLF change the key ON time to 5sec.... Do you now hear the fuel pump running when u turn Ignition to ON from ACC? if not then your fuel pump or fuel pump relay or wiring is faulty.

2) if the pump does prime with key on from ACC... then doesn't run when engine cranking then u have no CAS signal to the WOLF...

3) Look at the WOLF diagnostic lights on ECU... look for IGN SiG to flash when cranking does it?

4) Look at Software on LAPTOP... do U see RPM on LAPTOP or HAND Controller.

Let me know what U find.

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Managed to get the fuel pump working - a spade terminal hidden away in a corner of the engine bay had come loose. Can't wait to remove all this bodgy wiring and start afresh.

So now fuel pump is running - i have fuel pressure again, but car still will not start - when cranking, the injector duty shown on the hand controller goes straight to 100%, and there is a black block between the word duty and the % number, and i've searched high and low on forums and on the manuals, but i can't find any info on what this means, if anything :wtf:

So now I know the injectors are getting fuel, but i don't know if the injectors are spraying the fuel

3) Will have a look at this when I get home tonight

4) Rpm shows on hand controller when cranking. Haven't hooked up a laptop yet
quest wrote:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

3) none of the 4 ignition lights, nor the injection lights flash up when cranking :?
quest wrote:
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

thrash wrote:3) none of the 4 ignition lights, nor the injection lights flash up when cranking :?
Ok then... your not getting signal from CAS.... look at replacing CAS & supplying 12V+ to it.

Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Any update Thrash? :beer

enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

He's been quiet for a while now...maybe he's burrowed away somewhere redoing the wiring...poor bugger.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

sorry, been out of the country for 3 weeks with no net access - just got back last night and got over the jetlag about an hour ago.

shed has been insect bombed and will be cleaned out and I will give you an update soonish. I did something wrong before I left and the car wouldn't start, so the first thing I have to do is reload the ecu map so that any changes I made by accident are wiped.

bloody rta.. I had gotten a pink slip for the car on the 16th of November and the rego ran out on the 6th of december, but because I haven't been driving her, I didn't get around to actually attempting to re-register her until early january, and hey presto, I can't register it because the pink slip is only valid for 42 days, but if you pay the rta a bribe (also known as registration fee), that same pink slip is suddenly valid for a year. Go figure.
quest wrote:
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Starion VR4 wrote:Hey Trash.. ok yes do have a MAP, but with no boost as didn't have a turbo on when I was running it... so really its of no use to you..
LOL Scrolling through when I found this. Good ol typos! LOL LOL
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

UPDATE - loaded an old map into the wolf and she still wouldn't start, so it wasn't my fault for screwing around with the start settings (or so i thought at least) rofl

motor wasn't getting fuel OR spark - nothing was firing - hence the starting issues. Wasn't sure if it was the cas or the computer, as the hand controller started displaying funny things and randomly scrolling through menus.

took her to the tuner to check out the computer, and it turns out it was the hand controller - the hand controller wouldn't allow another map to be loaded on. Disconnecting the hand controller and then loading the same map back onto the car allowed her to start :)

so now she's home and registered, but without a hand controller, which I was using as a low rpm tacho and the water temp monitor lol

Thanks for your help staz vr4. Now that she's registered, I will pull her apart and she can stay cozy in the shed while I redo the wiring and other things. I will nag you for assistance with the wolf from time to time, but I am thinking of upgrading the computer when money permits

:beer
quest wrote: