APS Evo 4-9 LHD exhaust man - what would it suit?

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

APS Evo 4-9 LHD exhaust man - what would it suit?

Post by enthuzed »

Following on from a similar train of thought in a previous post about bolt ons for the Starion as a twincam ( http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=14188 ) what about the APS exhaust manifold?
If it's the same port spacing/size/bolt holes, couldn't this be used as a lowmount on an Evo 1-3 head? And then if you used their turbo which looks pretty nasty, just rotate it 180 degrees on the flange...?

As another option, the manifold can obviously be used on the Evo 4-9 head and once again rotate the turbo on the flange. Or use one of many other aftermarket turbos that are already around the right way.

I read further into it and the APS guys imported a LHD Evo 7/8 equivalent to Australia to create the performance kit.

Price is still a big fat no idea.

There are other options of course, Insight Motorsport, 4gpwr and others but they are all custom.

Food for thought.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
4gpwr
I love starions

manifolds

Post by 4gpwr »

What would be a fair price for a simple log type manifold .
4Gs Rule
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I paid 900 for mine and felt that was a bit high but not having anything at the time to compare to I paid happily enough. I aint saying it is high just that it felt "high". (I fully understand one off/custom jobs cost more because the fabricator cant get any benefit from quantity buying or batch processing.)

There is a market within this community for someone with the time and ability to come up with a batch of TC exh manifolds for the Starion. Its one of the yet to be easily overcome parts of the conversion. The rest has all been dealt with and the conversion is way easier now than even 3-4 years ago.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
4gpwr
I love starions

manifold

Post by 4gpwr »

Wantsom you paid $900 for a log type manifold ?
4Gs Rule
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Might be worth a phone call to one of the APS dealers, they've no doubt made a bunch of these and hopefully due to the economics of volume they can pass on a reasonable price. Same for the inlet too, see my original post here for the link to that post.
How?
4gpwr
I love starions

aps

Post by 4gpwr »

I have fitted aps kits in the past , BIG $$$ .
4Gs Rule
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Yeah, I have too. I got a stage 1 kit fitted to a MY00 WRX. Thought it was pretty good value given it included dyno time.
How?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Yep. It was quite a tale and tbh I was just happy to get something in the end as the guy making it promised the world then fell off it. Like I said I thought the price was high but with nothing really to compare it to at the time and the fact by the time it was all coming together I needed it badly so figured what was I to do but to hand over cash and get on with the conversion.

Would not go down that road again however.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.