Dumb things

If you think it might offend someone, chuck it in here where the wusses don't look!
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Dumb things

Post by Alspos »

This thread is for all the dumb things you've done.

We've all done them. Sometimes they end in broken parts. Sometimes they end in blood. Some make you cry and others make you just laugh at your dumbness.

Share them here.

I was cutting my exhaust with my small angle grinder and 1mm cutoff blade, of course I took the guard off so I could get in close to the underside of the car. I was nearly through cutting the pipe but the blade was not quite deep enough. Still lying on my back I flipped the angle grinder over to cut from the other side. Of course the extra momentum caused by the still spinning blade caused the grinder to move further than expected and right into the top of my finger.

The result, a nice clean, deep, ground out cut.

Last edited by Alspos on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Two things. Firstly I bought a VR Commodore to turn it into a dirt circuit race car.
The second thing was digging a hole in the fat rubber grommet beside the wiring loom to run a thin rubber tube through the car. When the screwdriver didn't go through I had a solution....what else but a hammer!
Got the hole created and then enlarged it with a drill bit.

I found out much later that a few wires got severed & was grounding the injectors on when the ignition was on. Had to drain several litres of petrol/oil mix from the sump & replace the oil & filter! :oops:
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Another dumb thing.

Have you got a jack like this? One where you turn the handle to control up and down.

When it's under the car and it's raised up, don't remove the handle to get access to somewhere if it's in the way. The handle part will spring straight back up....then you can't get the handle back in or pull it back down again cos you don't have any leverage any more *doh!*

I was lucky, the release mechanism just happens to be the same size as a half inch socket extension, I managed to use pliers and turn the release so I could lower the jack down *phew*